Re: Froze screen with black stripes

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Froze screen with black stripes

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dogs and cats
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure?
What happens when the bug occurs? Screen is froze and black stripes are flashing
What do you expect to see? My sims house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed that my game was laggy and I want able to scroll in or out so I went into settings and changed something about the graphics and it lead to this. I’ve only had the game for 12 hours!!!!

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dogs and cats
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure?
What happens when the bug occurs? My screen is froze on my sims house and there are black stripes glitching on the screen. I also cannot exit game therefore I can’t shut down my Mac
What do you expect to see? Black stripes and unable to move
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I went into setting because when I first logged on (I’ve only had this game for 12 hours) I noticed it was very laggy and I couldn’t move my screen around as much so I went into settings and clicked on a few things and then my screen just turned into black stripes!

Message 1 of 3 (319 Views)

Hero
@HannahCone Moving this to the mac forum for better help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

@HannahCone

Could you go into your Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts and trash the Options.ini file and see if that fixes it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (272 Views)