[FIXED] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June patch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Camera not zooming in/out or rotating

Hero
@lexismontilla Merged with exiting thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 302 (1,281 Views)

Camera not working?

★★ Novice

I can skip between first and third person, but in third person camera I can't change the angle? I can move the view, but not the angle. So I can look at my sims back, and then slide to the left and the right, but I can't look at her feet for example! I've removed all mods and tried again, only seems to have happened since the update.

Actually, just tried again and can now move the angle but not the camera... Any ideas?

Message 51 of 302 (1,261 Views)

Camera Angle Bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Livin' Get Famous Get Together Get To Work All of the game packs but Jungle Adventure None of the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game and try to manipulate the camera
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing
What do you expect to see? The camera angle should change/be fluid with direction
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent Patch from Origin

I originally put this in the PC Section, Sorry. I do have a mac.

I can skip between first and third person, but in third person camera, I can't change the angle? I can move the view, but not the angle. So I can look at my sims back, and then slide to the left and the right, but I can't look at her feet for example! I've removed all mods and tried again, only seems to have happened since the update.

Actually, just tried again and can now move the angle but not the camera... Any ideas?

Message 52 of 302 (1,252 Views)

Re: Camera Angle Bug

★★ Novice
@abbiekb1 I've tried repairing the game through Origin and it still does it.
Message 53 of 302 (1,252 Views)

Re: Camera Angle Bug

Hero

@abbiekb1 

merged with the mac thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 302 (1,251 Views)

Camera zooming/rotation glitch after June 2019 update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is kind of hard to explain, but when I launch the game and enter live mode or build mode, I can only zoom in OR I can only rotate horizontally. Basically, if the first thing I choose to do with the camera is zoom in, it can only do that until I relaunch the game. If I relaunch the game and decide to rotate the camera horizontally, I can no longer zoom in or out.

I don’t use a mouse when I play because I have a laptop, so I usually just use the mousepad to zoom in or rotate. Technically I can still rotate the camera using the bracket keys or zoom in and out with the plus and minus keys. But the game won’t let me rotate the camera with the mousepad anymore.

Here’s what I’ve tried to do to figure out what’s wrong:

I’ve tried it in two forgotten hollow lots and one willow creek lot, to make sure it wasn’t a pack thing

I removed my mods folder, then relaunched the game to see if it was any of them. The problem was still there.

I have reset my game to factory settings (without reinstalling) and the bug persisted

I can only assume this is a part of the most recent update, but I’ve looked all around the site for a fix. No one else seems to be having this problem. It’s also not on the compiled list of bugs from what I can see. (I hope it’s okay for me to post this here; I’m new and I don’t know things.)

Message 56 of 302 (1,220 Views)

Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

★★★★★ Novice

thank you so much for putting up this topic, been trying to figure out what's going on for two hours now. I'm really not liking the work around controls, they're so finicky

Message 57 of 302 (1,200 Views)

Re: Camera zooming/rotation glitch after June 2019 update

★★ Novice

I have this problem too! it's so frustrating because i haven't found any other person who has had this problem until i found this post. And i still can't find a way around it! Just hope they'll fix this glitch soon

Message 58 of 302 (1,204 Views)

Re: Camera zooming/rotation glitch after June 2019 update

★★★★★ Novice
Message 59 of 302 (1,203 Views)

Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

Community Manager (retired)

Heads up that we don't need any additional info for this bug, we're seeing it on our end as well. Thanks for the help everyone! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 60 of 302 (1,191 Views)