[FIXED] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June patch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Camera Pinch Zoom

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Ever since the update this month automatically got installed I have been experiencing the same problem. Its either the zoom or the rotate that wont work. Havent been able to find an answer. If various different people have encountered this problem since the June 2019 update, I wonder when they’d adhere to fixing the issue.

Message 121 of 302 (556 Views)

Hero
@Sadafy00 Are you on a mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 122 of 302 (554 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

★★ Novice

Me too. It's frustrating enough that I've stopped playing the game and haven't gone back in. I was pumped for Island Living and am sad it seems like we're going to miss the launch date. I'd love an actual update from the team on timing.  

Message 123 of 302 (587 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

@GubbiClara  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the first post for workarounds.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 124 of 302 (573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I am. Ive tried everything. I repaired the game, Ive taken away my mods from the folder, Ive restarted the game and my laptop countless times. Nothing is working. Everything was working perfectly prior to the update. I even checked the camera controls too and it hasnt been fixed.

Message 125 of 302 (553 Views)

Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Hi, i use the ''pad'' on the computer and i turn the screen/zoom with two fingers, i use a mac computer and it's really bugging me that it doesn't work.

I tried to use the ''arrow'' keys to turn the screen/zoom but that didn't work either. Then i tried to go to settings to see if i had turned something on apparently not. So just don't know why it won't work
Message 126 of 302 (562 Views)

Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

@GubbiClara

It's a known bug affecting all Mac users since the June patch. Please use the workarounds in the opening post on page 1 Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 127 of 302 (561 Views)

@Sadafy00  I've merged your posts with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the first post on page 1 for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 128 of 302 (540 Views)

Screen Rotation

★★★ Newbie

I play sims 4 on my macbook and everytime I play now my mouse won’t rotate the screen and or sometimes it won’t zoom in and out. somebody please help me. 

Message 129 of 302 (499 Views)

Re: Screen Rotation

★★★ Newbie
@ukyut I'm having the same issue and it started after the June 19th update. I used to be able to zoom in and out and rotate the screen on the trackpad on my macbook, but now it will only do one or the other not both. I've found that using the up and down arrows will fix the zoom issue and I just learned that < and > will rotate the screen. While this doesn't fix the issue, it will at least let you keep playing the game without changing the controls you've gotten used to too much. I really hope EA fixes this though because its not as easy for gameplay when you dont have a mouse.
Message 130 of 302 (482 Views)