[FIXED] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June patch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

★★ Apprentice

Exactly. Even calling EA they suggest to buy a mouse. Personally I find buying a mouse for a game when the trackpad is fully functional is a waste of money. Also I'm not sure why they haven't even addressed this issue and stated that they are working on it. The technical support team hasn't even been made aware that this is an issue impacting all Mac users. For such a large and capable company you would think they would be able to fix an issue faster than this. 

Message 161 of 302 (684 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

@opalflora

SimGuruNick confirmed in this post here in this thread that they are aware of this bug and able to see the issue as well - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Zoom-and-rotate-Trackpad-controls-not-working/m...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 162 of 302 (755 Views)

Re: CAMERA PROBLEMS

Hero
@miradilek are you on a mac or PC

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 163 of 302 (637 Views)

★★★ Novice

Updated Sims 4 today and my trackpad pinch & zoom and rotate capabilities aren't working. Keyboard shortcuts are cumbersome and hinder gameplay, and for a game that I play to relax, it's become extremely frustrating.

Read suggestions that if you do one of the trackpad actions when the game opens, that one will work consistently - this isn't proving true for me. I've closed and restarted my game multiple times and immediately tried to use my rotate function and it has not worked once.

Two finger vertical zoom does work, but without the rotate capability there's no way I'm going to be able to play this game without wanting to break something. The point of having a trackpad is so you don't have to go back and forth between keyboard and mouse functions. I truly hope this is patched soon because my game will gather dust till then, and I'm so excited for the island expansion Frown

Message 164 of 302 (727 Views)

Re: pride update broke my game

★★ Novice
@tenkku4 I have the same issue. I shut down my game and my zoom won't work, but then when I restart the game my zoom works and my rotation doesn't.
Message 165 of 302 (672 Views)

Re: CAMERA PROBLEMS

★ Novice

mac

Message 166 of 302 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora Also having this problem on my Mac. I also play to relax and this isn't very relaxing. Especially when you are so used to playing a certain way. Did the update the other day and launched the game today and trackpad is all out of wack. Won't play the game till this is fixed. Super annoying! Hope they fix soon.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 167 of 302 (695 Views)

game camera doesn't zoom with trackpad

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? laptop's trackpad function of pinch to zoom in/out doesn't work for the game camera. I restarted a few times and changed households and it is happening with all households. I think that in one household, the trackpad would zoom in and out, but wouldn't rotate camera angle. Command +/- works to zoom, the camera icon slider also works to zoom in/out and rotate. This is for actually playing/viewing the game, not for taking a selfie or picture with camera from sim's inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing zooms in and out
What do you expect to see? things zooming in and out
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. update 6/18

laptop's trackpad function of pinch to zoom in/out doesn't work for the game camera. I restarted a few times and changed households and it is happening with all households. I think that in one household, the trackpad would zoom in and out, but wouldn't rotate camera angle.
Command +/- works to zoom, the camera icon slider also works to zoom in/out and rotate.

This is for actually playing/viewing the game, not for taking a selfie or picture with camera from sim's inventory.

Message 168 of 302 (656 Views)

Re: pride update broke my game

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MoonKitten98 

@miradilek 

Moved your post to the mac forum. Please check first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 169 of 302 (638 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • I am having this issue and it’s making the game really annoying to play especially because the new expansion pack is out. I wanna play it but it’s so frustrating!!  
Message 170 of 302 (750 Views)