Re: Now

by bridgiemae13

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@bridgiemae13 What I did was use 2 fingers to zoom in and out instead of pinching and switched the camera so I could click and drag as usual. It’s different but it works
Message 271 of 302 (873 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Screen Rotation

Hero
@kbrx21 Merged your post with current thread on the issue.

Please check first post for workarounds.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 272 of 302 (840 Views)

★ Apprentice
@shonkieee What mode did you switch the camera to
Message 273 of 302 (716 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@bridgiemae13 Sims 3
Message 274 of 302 (707 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora I’m having the same issue, really hope they can fix it soon😅
Message 275 of 302 (651 Views)

Rotating screen with Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hi all. Recently I have started having a problem rotating the screen while playing in normal mode and build mode. I can't rotate. It used to work now all of a sudden it doesn't. Any solutions? 

Message 276 of 302 (583 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

@jewelz143  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.

Although this issue hasn't been fixed yet, there's an easy workaround.  In each game session, you can use either the rotate function or the zoom by pinching function, but not both—using one will block the other.  But you can also zoom in and out with the two finger scrolling motion: move your fingers in parallel up or down the trackpad.  So when you load the game, just be sure to rotate first, and then zoom by scrolling.  That way, you'll have both functions available.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 277 of 302 (561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys! I've been having similar problems with rotation, however, I do not use a trackpad. The main problem that I have been facing is that when I click to rotate my camera, the rotation icon will show up ways away from where I had originally clicked, resulting in a choppy rotation. Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 278 of 302 (543 Views)

Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too, @SimGuruNick  I don't know how to find the Mac System Report, but my Config.log is attached to this comment.

@Bluebellflora it's the rotate gesture in system preferences --> trackpad --> scroll and zoom. zooming in and out both with the pinched fingers gesture or just two fingers scrolling both work for me. it's only the two finger rotate that's not working.

it's annoying in live because it's easier to use than the buttons but it's mostly just frustrating when you're in build and holding an object because <> will rotate the object not the camera, so you have to put it down or delete it and then move the camera and then go back to placing the object.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 279 of 302 (511 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Do we know if this is ever gonna get fixed?
Message 280 of 302 (502 Views)