Re: Trackpad

by legasimmer

Original Post

@fefedrew  When you load the game, immediately use the two finger twist to rotate the camera.  That motion will then work during that play session.  You will also be able to zoom by moving two fingers up and down the trackpad in parallel.

@shonkieee  I'm sure EA will announce when the issue is solved.  Is there something more you want the company to say?  Until an issue is fixed, I'm not sure how helpful any other information would be.  In the meantime, it's easy enough to play normally by using the above workaround.

@delelise  The game doesn't seem broken.  Sure, you may prefer to zoom by pinching your fingers, but the other way works just as well.  And it sounds like your game isn't crashing or failing to load, which is what "broken" means to me.

Speaking as a longtime Sims 3 player, until very recently in macOS, I can say that you're getting much better treatment from EA than was seen in the earlier game.  These issues do get sorted out sooner or later, and in the meantime, your game runs quite well on a Mac.  I'm almost jealous.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 241 of 302 (789 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

★★ Apprentice

I agree with what has been said. I wish they could just give us word such as,"In the next few days it will be fixed" or "It will be fixed in under 2 weeks." Even if it's going to take a while it would still be nice to know a time frame. Knowing when it would get fixed would also help people not to get as frustrated. 

Message 242 of 302 (779 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@legasimmer Unfortunately it did not work for me Frown
Message 243 of 302 (762 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I would like to know if they know about the issue and if they plan on fixing it lol
Message 244 of 302 (719 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue after the update. Just spent $40 on the island living pack and can't build in it with out wanting to throw my computer out of frustration! I am really hoping this gets fixed soon so that I can enjoy playing the new pack or enjoy playing at all. Very frustrating!!! If anyone has any fixes besides just using the < > keys post please. 

Message 245 of 302 (698 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Exactly! 

Message 246 of 302 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@delelise Agreed! I hate using the keys to do the basic movements!
Message 247 of 302 (679 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@jmjsheets124 I was really looking forward to buying it but now it just seems like a wats of money if I can’t play the game properly
Message 248 of 302 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@shonkieee ah, shoot! I can't say I'm surprised but I'm sorry it didn't. I really don't know what I did that made it work then Frown
Message 249 of 302 (603 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think the best workaround is having it lock on the rotation and using the scrolling feature to zoom in and out. I’ve gotten pretty use to it . Still waiting on the update but it’s less stressful compared to the key workaround 

Message 250 of 302 (577 Views)