Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

by crazybirdfluff

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@crazybirdfluff That’s so dumb!! What the hell?
Message 211 of 302 (456 Views)

@crazybirdfluff

EA are upgrading Sims 4 to support Metal which Apple introduced in OSX 10.11 El Capitan and is compatible on most 2012 model and subsequent Macs.

Apple are phasing out support for OpenGL which Sims 4 currently uses, this is just natural progression and long overdue in favour of Metal which improves performance. It’s a pain yes but technology moves on, there aren’t many nine year old PCs which would still be capable of running a game like the Sims 4 but you will be able to run the legacy version when it is introduced. @EA_Mai has written a very helpful post on this which is stickied at the top of the Mac forum.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 212 of 302 (451 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora so do you think the bug won’t be fixed because of this?
Message 213 of 302 (434 Views)

@shonkieee

I’ve no idea about when this bug, or any of the other Mac ones, will be fixed. I was explaining the Metal upgrade to crazybirdfluff Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 214 of 302 (427 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora Nah I know it’s absolutely fair enough really. Just been looking at new MacBook Pro’s... I’d better get saving!!

Message 215 of 302 (381 Views)

@crazybirdfluff

Think of it this way, it should last you another 9 years Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 216 of 302 (374 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora I gotcha
Message 217 of 302 (347 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora Very true, although being able to upgrade to an SSD and extra RAM definitely helped keep it going. Such a shame you can’t do that on the newer ones. Buuut my trusty 2011 MBP is still going strong, dents and all and it has seen many a great game of The Sims! Will be nice to (eventually) get a shiny new one though 😍

Message 218 of 302 (344 Views)

Trackpad

★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed... might try calling again but it seems like they are in no rush to fix it. Sucks to have a good game ruined with no signs it will be fixed soon. Still not sure how it’s taking this long. Some of my friends are programmers and even they agree this is a long time for something like this to be fixed especially since they have a team of programmers.

Message 219 of 302 (327 Views)

Re: Trackpad

★ Apprentice

I agree with you! I thought this issue would be fixed by now, I'm highly disappointed. But I'm curious, what did they say when you called them? I've heard many people also tried calling.

Message 220 of 302 (321 Views)