Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

by annaleeuwesteijn

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't gone back in since yesterday. At first I thought my CC was causing the problem, but when I loaded my game without it, the problem was still there. I've always played with trackpad, so I feel like I have to learn how to play the game all over again now. Very frustrating, especially in live mode. Hope to see it fixed soon.

Message 141 of 302 (837 Views)

★ Apprentice
Anyone know if it’s gonna get fixed soon
Message 142 of 302 (750 Views)

Camera bugs in mac

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Camera zoom either works by spreading two fingers and rotation doesn't work by twisting two fingers OR rotation works but zoom only works by using scrolling motion with two fingers.
What do you expect to see? Camera zoom has always worked by spreading two fingers and rotation by twisting two fingers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'd expect camera controls to be the same after this patch, I've had this issue before, it resolved, however, it is happening again. Mac controls use the spreading and contracting of two fingers to zoom in and out and the twisting of two fingers to rotate. The zoom now has to use the scrolling motion (moving two fingers up and down) but it's not always (every other time I open the game) and when the zoom controls are right the rotation doesn't work. 

Message 143 of 302 (729 Views)

Re: Camera bugs in mac

Hero
@delelise Merged your post with current mac thread on the issue. Please refer to page 1 for a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 144 of 302 (719 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I understand that there may be a workaround to this issue but as a long time sims mac player, I am very upset that I have these limitations on my game playing! Is there ever going to be an ACTUAL fix to this issue? I'm sure I can speak for many other mac players out there, this bug is making me too frustrated to even play the game!

Message 145 of 302 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No, you're being condescending to everyone here. They clearly said they need both for their play style. Stop being rude. 

Message 146 of 302 (673 Views)

Cannot move my perspective around

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? The camera/movement in the game isnt working properly. Sometimes I can zoom in and out but not move the camera around Sometimes I can move the camera around but not zoom in and out One of these is always happening.
What do you expect to see? Being able to move my camera around and zoom in and out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/A

Message 147 of 302 (597 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes same here! It was too clunky for me not being able to use the trackpad. I can't even use click and drag to pan to an area further away. I just can't be bothered to learn new ways of playing it, so I just won't play it now until it's fixed. Let's hope it isn't a repeat of Sims 3 where EA just ignored all Mac users when it became unplayable and never fixed it. I really, really hope this gets sorted soon.

Message 148 of 302 (637 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crazybirdfluff me too, its really stressful.
Message 149 of 302 (625 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. Sometimes I can rotate but not zoom with my trackpad and vice versa. Sometimes I cannot click to move the camera. This needs to be fixed soon, especially since the new pack came out I can’t fully enjoy it :-(

Message 150 of 302 (619 Views)