Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

by miatalarico

Original Post

Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

@contentiousares 

It's hard to have to get used to using something else, I understand, but at least it's not a game breaker Standard smile

@pastawitch @greybey96 

I've merged your posts into this stickied thread for this issue. Please try the workaround controls detailed in the opening post on page 1.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 61 of 302 (983 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora of course, sorry I might have come off as a little rude. I've just been kind of frustrated, since I've been looking for a while. Thank you so much for the help!
Message 62 of 302 (972 Views)

@contentiousares 

No worries! I've learnt something new from this, that the two finger rotate should be a thing in-game :eahigh_file: I only ever use the < and > keys!

AHQSigImage.png
Message 63 of 302 (967 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, Are you saying because this isn't a game changer, that this bug will not get fixed? Because it's hard with building to use the < and > keys when it is also used to rotate an object so they conflict. 

Message 64 of 302 (1,122 Views)

@dreyxo16

No, not at all (I have no idea what will be fixed and what won’t). I’m simply saying that it does not make the game unplayable, it’s just a nuisance but there is a workaround.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 65 of 302 (1,105 Views)

Re: Camera zooming/rotation glitch after June 2019 update

Hero
@siscilie @contentiousares Are you guys all on a mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 302 (962 Views)

★★ Novice
@contentiousares thank you so much! seems like it's a problem for all mac users...
Message 67 of 302 (959 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict yes i use a mac
Message 68 of 302 (958 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

★★★ Novice

Do we know what the time frame on fixing this will be? if so many of us are experiencing this issue it's not a problem with our hardware. 

Message 69 of 302 (1,099 Views)

Rotation and Zooming Not working?

★ Novice

So just this morning when I loaded up the game, I noticed that when trying to rotate my perspective, nothing happened. I tried exiting out of the game and loading up again but the issue still happened. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and when I loaded up the game again, the rotation was working, but the zoom in and zoom out wasn’t working. I then tried removing all my custom content and mods, and it went back the the original problem in that the rotation wasn’t working. Ive also tried checking my camera settings, i’ve tried being on and off of the sims 3 camera and also the sims 4 camera, i’ve also tried checking and unchecking the inverted horizontal and vertical camera rotation buttons in the game options but that makes no difference. I’m playing on a mac laptop just in case that helps but I have no idea what’s going on or how to fix it please help.

Message 70 of 302 (1,110 Views)