Re: cant zoom in on track pad

by bridgiemae13

Original Post

Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem!! I even tried removing my whole mods folder, and it didnt help anything, and neither did disabling my cc and script mods in the game

Message 40 of 302 (1,223 Views)

★★★ Novice

SAME ITS SO FRUSTRATING 

Message 41 of 302 (1,224 Views)

Hero

@nxmb123 

Moved your post over to the mac forum

Please provide all info asked by on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 302 (1,213 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict hope this gets fixed soon
Message 43 of 302 (1,204 Views)

@simtastic_mads

Why can you not build? This bug is annoying but you can still zoom and rotate just using different commands:

Zoom - two finger swipe up and down the Trackpad or using the + and - keys

Rotate - use the < and > keys

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 44 of 302 (1,209 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@hmdavis99 Same issue with my Mac since June 18, 2019 update. I have all DLC. No CC or mods. It’s completely unplayable like this.
Message 45 of 302 (1,257 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@itsericayo There’s one other motion that can be used to zoom. Two fingers together vertically on the trackpad.
Message 46 of 302 (1,256 Views)

sims 4 gameplay camera won't move

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs? I open the game to play and I can't move the camera in any direction or zoom in and out.
What do you expect to see? I try to move the camera as usual when playing and nothing happens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just updated my Sims 4 on my Mac and now I am unable to move the camera in any way. I can't zoom in or out either. Please help

Message 47 of 302 (1,260 Views)

Re: sims 4 gameplay camera won't move

Hero
@beckyschmittium Moved your post over to the mac thread on this,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 302 (1,246 Views)

Sims 4 Camera not zooming in/out or rotating

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I only have The Sims™ 4 Holiday Celebration Pack, but other than that, none.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I open the game and try to play any of the households from my save files, the camera refuses to allow me to zoom in/out, or rotate.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I open any of my households, from any of my saves, the camera refuses to either rotate or zoom in and out. It only does one of the other.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to rotate or zoom in/out whilst playing any of my households, regardless of what save file I'm playing in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to the most recent update, the 18th of June 2019 one (Mac 1.52.100.1220). Once I opened my game after I finished installing the update, the errors with the camera occurred.

Ever since I updated to the latest Sims 4 update, the one that occured on the 18th of June 2019 [PC 1.52.100.1020 / Mac 1.52.100.1220], the camera has been preventing me from rotating, or zooming in/out.

At first, I thought it was an issue that involved my CC Content, Mods, or the files in my Tray, but I have tried both disabling and removing the files and then opening the game. I've also tried removing my current Sims 4 file and replacing it with one of my backup ones, one that I know was working perfecty fine before the update. But it still didn't fix anything. I've even tried removing my main Sims 4 file altogether, and restarting the game from scratch, but the camera issue was still there.

So now I've begun to think that the issue occured when I updated to the latest update. I'm not sure what to do anyore, other than report the bug itself.

Message 49 of 302 (1,240 Views)