Re: Unable to rotate camera bug

by leebell37

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June patch

[ Edited ]

Issue:

Since the 18 June 2019 patch, 1.52.100.1220, Sims 4 players are reporting that certain Trackpad controls are not working properly in game, specifically the pinch zoom gesture and the two finger rotate. One or other of the controls will work depending on which one you first use after launching your game.

Players affected:

All Mac users patched to 1.52.100.1220.

Workaround:

Thankfully this isn't a game breaker and is easy to work around. Use the following alternative controls to zoom and pinch:

Zoom option 1 - two finger swipe, as if you are scrolling up and down a page

Zoom option 2 - use the + and - keys

Rotate - use the < and > keys or mapped equivalent on your keyboard

If you feel using the < and > keys is not helpful when building simply make sure you use these in game before using pinch to zoom. This will render the pinch to zoom function useless but still allow you to use two finger rotate.

For more explanation of Trackpad controls go into System Preferences > Trackpad and watch the little animated explanations. Apple also have a support page here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204895

Bug reports will be merged in this thread. If you are experiencing this issue please click the little Me Too button below Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 55 of 302 (37,504 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

This trackpad issue has now been fixed in today's (16/07/19) patch, 1.53.115.1220:

Mac:

• Fixed an issue where camera controls for rotating and zoom levels were behaving inconsistently when using a trackpad.

You should be able to use the trackpad controls as usual - two finger rotate to spin the camera and pinch to zoom. 

Happy Simming Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png

View in thread

Message 300 of 302 (29,433 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 update messes up basic function

★★★★★ Newbie

The June 2019 update just finished and the basic functions are not working now that I logged back in. The camera won't zoom in or out as well as the camera won't swivel either. If I want to move and see things within the game I have to literally click and drag for the camera to move. The actions also wont follow through, I instructed my sims to eat or give their child a bath and it will start doing the action then all of a sudden not follow through like I cancelled the action but I haven't. 

It's making this game really frustrating to play like I cant do anything with it.

Please help!

Message 1 of 302 (37,496 Views)

Unable to rotate camera bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: all except Island Living Game: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day Stuff: Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to rotate the player view with a laptop trackpad
What happens when the bug occurs? The camera stays still. I can move up, down, left, and right but I can't rotate to see the back of a lot if my camera view is currently at the front
What do you expect to see? The camera rotating to look around a lot or room
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

This did not happen until the most recent Sims 4 update (the one that included Pride items and clothing). It severely hinders my ability to play and to especially use build mode. 

Message 2 of 302 (38,009 Views)

★ Apprentice
@hmdavis99 I’m having the same issue with the trackpad (also Mac). I was able to rotate the camera using... I’m not sure what the keys are called, but the arrow keys with a comma and period under them? If that helps in the meantime
Message 3 of 302 (37,995 Views)

Hero

Hi @leebell37 and @hmdavis99 

I'm moving this to the mac forum. Seems there's someting going on with this but  @Bluebellflora is much more competent to help with Mac issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 302 (37,977 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone who's having this issue share with me their Config.log (located in your TS4 folder in Documents) and their Mac System Report? Thanks so much for the help! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 302 (37,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

me too, i even deleted and retried my mods and repaired my game, still nothing. i can rotate, but cant zoom. sometimes it switches.

the mods i have are and MC Command Center and WW. MC Command Center broke as soon as i opened the game, i could not do anything without getting an error. at this time before deleting, rotating would work, but zoom would not. after deleting, it switched, and now i am stuck with zoom not working, but rotating working. i uninstalled WW and had realized the problem continued with no mods installed.

i have a macbook air (2015) and i am updated to the latest. this issue has started as soon as i updated to the latest sims patch. 

Message 6 of 302 (37,897 Views)

Unable to rotate camera with touchpad

★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I used to be able to rotate the camera using two fingers on the touchpad on my MacBook Air.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the most recent update, the camera will either not rotate at all or not zoom in or out with the touchpad. Most of the time it will not rotate. This has never been an issue before.
What do you expect to see? The camera rotating and/or zooming in or out with the touchpad. I have tried resetting the NVRAM and repairing the game. Neither seemed to help. It is extremely frustrating trying to control the camera without the touchpad.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game today.

What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I used to be able to rotate the camera using two fingers on the touchpad on my MacBook Air.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the most recent update, the camera will either not rotate at all or not zoom in or out with the touchpad. Most of the time it will not rotate. This has never been an issue before.
What do you expect to see? The camera rotating and/or zooming in or out with the touchpad. I have tried resetting the NVRAM and repairing the game. Neither seemed to help.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game today.

Message 7 of 302 (37,871 Views)

[ Edited ]

@paige010101 @hmdavis99 @leebell37 @x_Pipco_x @itsericayo 

Please could you clarify the exact gestures you are trying which aren't working? I use the arrow keys to rotate, CMD and arrow keys to move the camera around and two finger swipe to zoom in and out. I'd like to try and reproduce your issues.

Could you also please confirm whether you have changed any of the default Trackpad settings in System Preferences?

Please can you also provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612... although the full system report and config file that SimGuruNick has requested would be preferable Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 302 (37,862 Views)

Re: Unable to rotate camera with touchpad

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this SAME problem. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Message 9 of 302 (37,858 Views)