[FIXED] Sims 4 Packs not showing as downloaded after April patch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Game Repairing Only Base Game??

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm unable to repair game, it's only repairing the base game and giving more issues than I had before I repaired it. Now unable to launch the game since I repaired it. Is there a fix for Origin to recognize that I own all the packs and want to repair everything and not just the base? I'm completely stuck. 

Message 11 of 45 (1,176 Views)

Re: Game Repairing Only Base Game??

@KAHowler88

Merged your post into this thread, it's a known issue. Please follow the instructions in the first post.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 45 (1,138 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora  Thank you for merging it over. I followed the instructions linked in the first page. However, despite them I'm still unable to repair the game and unable to launch.  Despite moving the packs over, it's still only repairing the base game and leaving me unable to launch the game now. 

Message 13 of 45 (1,108 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 Packs not showing as downloaded after April patch

★★★ Novice

I don't have an application for Sims 4, only origin. My packs are stuck on finalizing and I keep getting the "Game Data Incomplete" notification when I enter a world right before going into my household. I've cleared my origin cache, uninstalled and reinstalled both origin and the sims 4 game within origin. I'm not sure what else to do, I've been working on this trying to fix it for literally 3 days now, even talked to EA support and the guy gave me directions and I asked him why he was disconnecting what if it doesnt work and he said he was positive it would work, well it didnt. I have no idea how to fix the problem, I don't even know what the problem is! This has never happened Frown I'm using a macbook air.

Message 14 of 45 (1,095 Views)

@KAHowler88

Yes, it appears to only repair the base game now. Are you still not getting the option to repair? That's strange. Just checking, in your Applications folder you have the Sims 4 app and the Sims 4 Packs folder? And in the Sims 4 Packs folder you only have the EPs/GPs/SPs?

When you try to launch the game by double clicking on the app in your Applications folder, are you getting any error messages?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 15 of 45 (1,095 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 INCOMPLETE GAME DATA

★★★ Novice

I went ahead and did the whole contents folder thing, Im reinstalling all the games now, I hope it works. I miss simming!!

Message 16 of 45 (1,084 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora , Correct! Everything is where it is suppose to be and looks identical to the pictures in the steps. When I click play origin shuts down and the repair option might be there or might not when I quit it and relaunch it. It's hit or miss. It's the weirdest thing. On the plus side, my packs are no longer showing download or finalizing underneath.  When double click through applications, everything works as it should. I'm going to just re-downloaded origin and maybe that will take care of the issue. I'll report back if it does. I really appreciate all the help! 

Do you think repairing just the base game will be enough to fix issues normally corrected by the repair function? 

Message 17 of 45 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did the application file and sims 4 packs folder thing, and now most packs downloaded and installed, but theres some that say download, I click download and it wont do anything.I'm not sure whats going on haha Im not tech savy at all.

Message 18 of 45 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have a content folder at all, is that supposed to happen?

Message 19 of 45 (1,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thank you!!! I had no trouble following your directions and I’ve loaded my most recent game with no problem. (I haven’t played-tested it yet.) I wish I could give you more than one XP, because you certainly deserve it!

One minor note: in addition to the files you highlighted, I had a folder named ‘soundtrack’ that I also moved. I did this based on a hunch and I’m not 100% certain that it needed to be moved, but I thought I would mention it since other users may have the same folder.

Message 20 of 45 (970 Views)