Re: [FIXED] Sims 4 Packs not showing as downloaded after April patch

by LizYee14

Original Post

@LizYee14 

If the Sims 4 Packs folder in your Applications folder is complete yes, trash the desktop one. Which is the bigger folder?

For turning off automatic downloads in Origin - https://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-4-origin-how-to-disable-automatic-updates-and-startup-on-a-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 41 of 45 (560 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks No more reinstalling has occurred since shutting it off so thank you!

& I did trash the desktop folder saying “The Sims 4 Packs” & then everything in Origin & also in game kept telling me to download & “download to use” .. once I put the folder back onto my desktop everything showed as downloads & Playable in gams. Both Sims 4 Pack folders on my desktop & in the user applications folder are the same size. Not sure what that’s all about.

Message 42 of 45 (532 Views)

@LizYee14

Where is the game installed to, where is the Sims 4 app?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 43 of 45 (505 Views)

★★ Novice

hello, I have tried to follow your instructions however its not working 

@Bluebellflora wrote:

This issue has been fixed in patch 1.62.69.1220

The April update introduced big changes to the Mac version of the game, see here for details. Since installing the patch, users with the game already installed have noticed some packs aren't registering as correctly installed in Origin, the orange button below the pack shows Download instead of Play. However, the packs are correctly installed and playable, Origin is just looking in the wrong place for them. This does not affect those who have installed the game after the 7 April patch. 

The fix is very simple but does involve delving into the game files and reorganising them. If you are not comfortable doing this, please don't but we would advise turning off automatic updates in Origin so it doesn't keep trying to download the DLC every time you launch it.

1. Navigate to your Applications folder where the Sims 4 is installed. By default this will be Macintosh HD > Users > [Your User Account] > Applications but if it isn't there check Macintosh HD > Applications. Your internal drive may have a different name to Macintosh HD but the instruction is the same. If you have the game installed on an external drive go to that location.
  2. Create a new folder and call it The Sims 4 Packs then open the folder.DLC 3.png
  3. Open a second Finder window and navigate to the Sims 4 app again. Right click/CTRL click on the Sims 4 app and Select Show Package Contents. You will now be in the Sims 4 app and should only see one folder:DLC.png
  4. Open the Contents folder and select all the Expansion, Stuff, Game and Free pack folders that you have: Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 21.25.05.png
  5. Drag the selected folders into the new The Sims 4 Packs folder you just created and should still have open. The contents should look like this: Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 21.28.13.png
  6. The Contents folder in the Sims 4 app should now look like this:Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 21.29.45.png

That's it! Your games should now show as properly installed in Origin. If you have any questions feel free to tag me or @puzzlezaddict in a reply and we'll try to help Standard smile

Message 44 of 45 (356 Views)

@Nicoleholly

No need to follow any instructions. The issue was fixed months ago. If you’re having an issue please start a new thread. Locking this one to avoid confusion.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 45 of 45 (351 Views)