[FIXED] Sims 4 Packs not showing as downloaded after April patch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims 4 Packs not showing as downloaded after April patch

[ Edited ]

This issue has been fixed in patch 1.62.69.1220

The April update introduced big changes to the Mac version of the game, see here for details. Since installing the patch, users with the game already installed have noticed some packs aren't registering as correctly installed in Origin, the orange button below the pack shows Download instead of Play. However, the packs are correctly installed and playable, Origin is just looking in the wrong place for them. This does not affect those who have installed the game after the 7 April patch. 

The fix is very simple but does involve delving into the game files and reorganising them. If you are not comfortable doing this, please don't but we would advise turning off automatic updates in Origin so it doesn't keep trying to download the DLC every time you launch it.

1. Navigate to your Applications folder where the Sims 4 is installed. By default this will be Macintosh HD > Users > [Your User Account] > Applications but if it isn't there check Macintosh HD > Applications. Your internal drive may have a different name to Macintosh HD but the instruction is the same. If you have the game installed on an external drive go to that location.
  2. Create a new folder and call it The Sims 4 Packs then open the folder.DLC 3.png
  3. Open a second Finder window and navigate to the Sims 4 app again. Right click/CTRL click on the Sims 4 app and Select Show Package Contents. You will now be in the Sims 4 app and should only see one folder:DLC.png
  4. Open the Contents folder and select all the Expansion, Stuff, Game and Free pack folders that you have: Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 21.25.05.png
  5. Drag the selected folders into the new The Sims 4 Packs folder you just created and should still have open. The contents should look like this: Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 21.28.13.png
  6. The Contents folder in the Sims 4 app should now look like this:Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 21.29.45.png

That's it! Your games should now show as properly installed in Origin. If you have any questions feel free to tag me or @puzzlezaddict in a reply and we'll try to help Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 45 (25,663 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Repairing Only Base Game??

[ Edited ]

This issue has now been fixed in patch 1.62.69.1220 https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Mac-April-14th-2020-Patch-Notes/m-p/8965382#M31601

AHQSigImage.png

View in thread

Message 29 of 45 (26,436 Views)

All Replies

Reset Origin tool removed my Sims 4 downloads.

★ Novice

I have been having a LOT of trouble with origin these past few days, so I will just start at the beginning of my problem.

I have a Macbook pro. Intel core i5. Updated to Catalina. 

I went into Origin like I usually do, but nothing would load except for a blank screen and the message "Well, that didn't go as planned. Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it - if that doesn't work, restart the client or try again later" so I did both. I restarted it, and got the same message. I waited hours, and it was the same problem when I tried again. I tried even just clicking on my Sims 4 icon to try to go right into game, but that didn't work.

I was getting really frustrated and impatient, so after searching around, someone had said try "uninstalling origin completely, then redownloading it" so i did. Now a whole different problem came up. When I tried to login, the top of the login screen said "online login currently unavailable" and when I put in my username and password, it said "must be online when logging in for the first time." now I was realllly upset. It seemed like I put myself into a worse position than I was in. I did a lot more searching, tried the origin trouble-shooter thing, waited overnight. Nothing was working. I knew it wasn't my internet, it has been working fine this whole time. I tried resetting my proxy, cache, time and date on my computer, switching wifi's, restarting my router.... etc. 

I finally downloaded the "reset origin" tool, and it worked! I was able to log in fine, and I was able to play the Sims 4, however, I noticed something else wrong. Origin said i had new "expansion pack ready to install"..... and so, I realized all of my Expansion packs, Game packs and all but one Stuff pack said they needed to install. I freaked out a little, because I have nearly ever single DLC you can get for the Sims 4, so it would take hours to redownload. When i opened up the game, in the Sims 4 starting menu, it said everything was already installed. In-game, everything was there, but in Origin, it wasnt downloaded again. The Sims 4 game itself was there, so I didnt have to reinstall that. I tried going on the Sims 4 game and trying "repair" and "update", but nothing showed that my games were installed. I didn't want to spend hours installing games that were already on my computer.

I'm just very frustrated with Origin. Ive spent a LOT of money on these games, and I hate being unable to play them. I shouldn't have to worry about not being able to login to my account or to play the games I have paid for. I don't know what to do about my expansions, other than take hours to fix it on Origin.

Message 1 of 45 (25,607 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 Packs not showing as downloaded after April patch

@kelssums1995  I've merged your post into the current thread covering this issue.  Please read through the first post for an explanation and a fix.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 45 (25,561 Views)

SIMS 4 INCOMPLETE GAME DATA

★★★ Novice

Hi fellow Simmers, I had my computer shut down during saving my last sims 4 game, I opened the computer back up and it was still saving so i let it finish then quit the game and went back in. I then went to go into my household and got a "Game Data Incomplete" notification, I backed out and checked my origin and a lot of my packs were no longer installed, I reinstalled and they say Installed, but right below installed theres an orange button (unavailable to click) that says finalizing. Ive restarted my laptop, cleared the download cache folder, uninstalled and reinstalled origin. Im not sure what to do from here, I'm still having the issue. Help please! 

Message 4 of 45 (25,549 Views)

Games stuck on "Finalizing"

★★★ Newbie

For the last two days, Origin listed a few of my Sims 4 expansion packs as needing to download (I haven't even purchased a new game in over a week). I was playing with all the game packs, so I am confused. I clicked download for them when I noticed and now a few are stuck on "Finalizing" yet when I play, the expansion packs are still a part of the game. I'm not really sure what is happening. I attached a screenshot with an example. 4 out of my 8 total packs are listed as "Finalizing" 

Message 5 of 45 (25,504 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 INCOMPLETE GAME DATA

@taylordaniellem9

The packs are installed but Origin doesn't think they are. If you could get the game to load they would still show up.

I've moved your post to this thread. Could you follow the instructions in the opening post to get the packs in the right location. A game repair would then be a good idea. The finalising is normal and can take time depending on which Mac you have (how fast it is).

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 45 (25,509 Views)

Re: Reset Origin tool removed my Sims 4 downloads.

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@kelssums1995 wrote:

"Well, that didn't go as planned. Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it - if that doesn't work, restart the client or try again later"

We have satellite internet and get this message occasionally. More frequently lately. You can still open and play your games via the Applications folder. There may be a pause before the game opens, but it works just fine once it gets going. 

If your games won't launch try turning off your WiFi. Open Origin. It will ask for your password. You may get another "Well, that didn't go as planned." window, but your games should launch from the Applications folder. 

You can also open your games via the Applications folder if Origin shows a blank My Game Library window. 

We keep automatic updates off. 

Message 7 of 45 (25,471 Views)

Re: Games stuck on "Finalizing"

@brittanymcc3

Moved your post to this thread. Please see the first post for a workaround.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 45 (25,455 Views)

★ Pro

@Bluebellflora  I moved as instructed, but now there is no Repair option in Origin. Before moving, Origin seemed to only Repair the base game. I Repair my game whenever anything seems the least bit dicky, so not sure which is worse. No Repair? Some Repair?

Message 9 of 45 (25,432 Views)

@DizzyDee-K

You're right. The _Installer and Delta folders don't need to be moved. Move those two folders back into the Contents folder within the app and you should be good to go. I'll update the OP. Thanks Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 45 (25,380 Views)