[FAQ] The Sims 4 on Mac

by EA_Nils

Original Post

[FAQ] The Sims 4 on Mac

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
  1. The Sims 4: Now on Mac
  2. What is the Mac minimum system requirements for The Sims 4?
  3. I’m a new player on Mac who just bought the packaged PC-only version of The Sims 4.
  4. I’m an existing player on PC looking to play on Mac.
  5. I want to transfer my saves files from my PC to my Mac.
  6. I want to make sure I have the same add-on content I purchased/redeemed for the PC game in the Mac v...
  7. I want to make sure I have the same add-on content I purchased/redeemed for the Mac game in the PC v...
  8. The Sims 4 display issues on Mac
  9. Can I use the video capture tool on Mac? 
  10. How do I open the cheat console ?

1. The Sims 4: Now on Mac
When you purchase any edition of The Sims 4, you gain access to both the PC and Mac versions.

If you already own The Sims 4 for PC or just purchased the packaged PC-only version of The Sims 4, you can access the Mac version through Origin. Please note that The Sims 4 for Mac is a digital-only release. At this time, the installation discs found in all packaged editions of The Sims 4 are not Mac compatible. New players who purchase a packaged PC-only version of The Sims 4 will still be able to redeem the code in the box to access the Mac version through Origin.

Don’t have The Sims 4? Get it here.

2. What is the Mac minimum system requirements for The Sims 4?
REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

MINIMUM SPECIFICATION

• PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or better
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better.  Video RAM of 256MB or better.
  • MEMORY: 4GB RAM
  • HARD DRIVE: 10 GB of Hard Drive space
  • INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

3. I’m a new player on Mac who just bought the packaged PC-only version of The Sims 4:

1. Download Origin for Mac at: www.origin.com/download.
  2. Create an Origin Account or log in with an existing Origin account. An account is required in order to play The Sims 4.
  3. Under the ‘Games’ drop-down menu (top left), click on ‘Redeem Product Code.’
  4. Input your The Sims 4 product code, found within the packaging/insert.
  5. Once the code is redeemed, The Sims 4 will begin to download in your Origin Library.
  6. Once download is complete, you will be able to launch The Sims 4 and begin playing.

If you need more help, you can review our Origin FAQ and this disc installation article.

4. I’m an existing player on PC looking to play on Mac:

1. Download Origin for Mac at: www.origin.com/download.
  2. Log in with the same Origin account that you use to play The Sims 4 on PC. An account is required in order to play The Sims 4.
  3. Select on the ‘My Games’ tab and click on The Sims 4 from your library.
  4. Click the ‘Download’ button and The Sims 4 will begin to download in your Origin Library.
  5. Once download is complete, you will be able to launch The Sims 4 and begin playing.

5. I want to transfer my saves files from my PC to my Mac:
Though The Sims 4 doesn’t support Origin cloud storage, transferring your save files between the PC and Mac versions of the game is easy. All you need to do is copy the saves directory from one computer to another using a USB drive or any other portable storage device.

1. On your PC, first open My Computer and navigate to the Documents folder. From there, go to Electronic Arts, then The Sims 4 folder.
  2. Locate and copy the entire ‘saves’ folder from The Sims 4 folder onto a flash drive.
  3. Plug the flash drive into your Mac.
  4. On your Mac, open Finder, go to Documents, then Electronic Arts. Inside is folder for The Sims 4 folder.
  5. Copy and paste the ‘saves’ folder from the flash drive to the ‘The Sims 4’ folder on your Mac.
    • NOTE: If an existing ‘saves’ folder is already in The Sims 4 folder, please delete or rename it. If necessary, renaming an existing ‘saves’ folder on your Mac will allow you to keep it for later use.
  6. Once complete, open The Sims 4 on your Mac and your save files will be ready to load!

6. I have already installed add-on content to the PC version of The Sims 4 (ex. The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration pack, etc.). How do I make sure that the same add-on content shows up in the Mac version of The Sims 4?

1. Log in to the Origin client using the same account that you use to play The Sims 4 on PC. An account is required to play The Sims 4.
  2. Select on the ‘My Games’ tab and click on The Sims 4 from your library.
  3. Click on the The Mac 'i' icon meaning More Details. (‘More Details’) button and scroll down to locate the content in the appropriate sections (e.g. Game Packs, Add-Ons & Bonuses, etc.).
  4. From here, you can select to download and install any add-on content you wish to play with on the Mac version of The Sims 4.

7. I want to purchase more add-on content from my Mac. How do I make sure that the same add-on content shows up in the PC version of The Sims 4?

1. Log into the Origin client using the same account that you use to play The Sims 4 on Mac. An account is required to play The Sims 4.
  2. Select on the ‘My Games’ tab and click on The Sims 4 from your library.
  3. Click on the The Mac 'i' icon meaning More Details. (‘More Details’) button and scroll down to locate the content in the appropriate sections (e.g. ‘Game Packs,’ ‘Add-Ons & Bonuses,’ etc.).
  4. From here, you can select to purchase and install any add-on content you wish to play with on the Mac or PC version of The Sims 4. All purchases made on one system will be available to you on all systems as long as you log in using the same Origin account.

8. The Sims 4 display issues on Mac
Most display issues can be solved by resizing the window or going to windowed mode (cmd-enter).

If you are using a Retina Display, try not to change to Retina mode and change Resolution at the same time.

9. Can I use the video capture tool on Mac?
The in game video capture feature is currently not supported on Mac at this time.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-on-mac-faq/

10. How do I open the cheat console ?

To open the cheat console, press ctl-shift-c at the same time. You will then see a bar in the upper corner where you can put the cheat. To see what cheats are available, type HELP.

Message 1 of 1 (28,838 Views)