Original Post

[FAQ] MAC Version - OUT NOW

[ Edited ]
Hero

Everything you need to know about the Mac Version

Will there be a Mac Version ?

Yes. Maxis is working on a Mac Version

When does it come out ?

February 17th,  2015, after 10 am PST Ime. (6pm UK time, 7pm Central European Time, and for Sydney, Australia, 5am on February 18)

I have the PC Version already. Will I need to rebuy the game ?

If you already own The Sims 4 on PC, you will be able to activate the Mac version at no additional cost (and vice versa). If you don’t already own The Sims 4, you can buy it at any time and then activate the Mac version when we make it available in February.

This is also true for Outdoor Retreat. If you buy it now, you can later get the Mac Version for free.

In Origin only one version existis. When downloading the game, Origin automatically detects what platfor you are on and will download the correct version. So if you have a mac now and decide to switch to PC in the future, you also don't need to rebuy the game. Actually, you can even have the game installed on a PC and a Mac within the same household.

Will there be a disc and a download version ?

The mac version will be digital download only.

Will there be a CAS Demo for Mac ?

No, the CAS Demo is PC only

What are the Specifications for the game ?

The minimum specifications for mac are as follow (source):

MINIMUM OS: Mac OS® X 10.7.5 (Lion) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 10 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

The Recommended Specs are as follow (source: Origin)

RECOMMENDED SPECIFICATION

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
MEMORY: 8GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 12 GB of Hard Drive space

Is there a possibilty to play the PC Version ?

Atm Mac can only play if you plan on installing bootcamp or some other means of installing Windows on your Mac.

See this Guide for more info on Bootcamp: [Guide] Running Windows on your Mac

Can I get a refund ?

If you have already bought it, you have 7 days to return it through this page: http://help.ea.com/en/refund/ (if you bought the digital version through Orgin).

Source: The Sims 4 is coming to Mac next month!

I have played the PC Version. Can I move my save games to Mac too ?

Yes, simply copy your user folder from the PC to your Mac and everything should work. The folder can be found here: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\. 

I do not know where it goes on your Mac at this point but once you installed it and started it once time, try searching your Mac for the folder TRAY. You should then find where it goes.

Simply replace the whole user folder with your backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 267 (14,108 Views)

Origin Store Pre-Order Sims 4

★ Novice

I have pre-ordered the Sims 4 via Origin, but i have just noticed that it says its for PC, I have a mac and im affriad that I have wasted my money?

Message 1 of 267 (13,979 Views)

Re: Origin Store Pre-Order Sims 4

Hero

There's no info on wheter it will be for macs or not. It's possible that it's coming out later than the PC version.

You might wanna cancel the preorder until there's more info avaible.

You need to contact a Customer Support game advisor for this

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Set your language to US at the bottom
  3. Click on Contact a game advisor 
  4. Describe your issue with a few words
  5. Click on Find a Solution
  6. Select Product: ex: The Sims 3 or Origin
  7. Select Issue Type: ex: Billing/Purchasing or Account Management
  8. Select Platform: PC
  9. Click Find solution
  10. Scroll down and click I still need help
  11. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

With Pics here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 267 (13,977 Views)

THE SIMS 4 DIGITAL DELUXE

★★ Novice

Is The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe available to be downloaded on mac?

I want to pre-order it but I'm afraid I can't download it on my MacBook after it's released.

Message 3 of 267 (13,859 Views)

Re: THE SIMS 4 DIGITAL DELUXE

Hero

There's no info on the mac version just yet. The version you can currently preorder is PC only.

See more info here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/System-Specs-and-Platform-Information/td-p/2168541/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 267 (13,848 Views)

Reserve The Sims 4 - No Compatible with MAC

★★★ Novice

Hello!!!

I've just reserved my Sims 4 through the Origin application, I already paid for it but it says its only compatible with Windows. The problem is that I have a MAC and when I checked the system requirements, I did not did not find any info.

Maybe my buy was kind of rushed, but if I already bought it, does that mean that I lost my money? or is there going to update for MAC? I downloaded this version: The Sims™ 4 Digital Deluxe.

If there is going to be a version for MAC, do I have to pay again? PLEASE somebody help me because I already made the payment! is there any support chat for me to ask this question too??

Thank you!!!!

Message 5 of 267 (13,862 Views)

Re: Reserve The Sims 4 - No Compatible with MAC

Hero (Retired)

CS should be able to assist with a refund

asfaik it's for pc at the moment  there's no info on a mac edition

if in the event you need to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 6 of 267 (13,859 Views)

Will The Sims 4 come out on mac?

★★★ Newbie

Is The Sims 4 going to come out on the Mac, because as of now it only says it's a PC download and I don't own a PC.

Does anyone know? 

Message 7 of 267 (13,864 Views)

Re: Will The Sims 4 come out on mac?

Hero

See all current infos here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/System-Specs-and-Platform-Information-Mac-users-look-here/td-p/2...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 267 (13,862 Views)

Will the Sims 4 pre order work on apple mac?

★★★ Newbie

Message 9 of 267 (13,847 Views)