[FAQ] MAC Version - OUT NOW

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Is Sims 4 pre order for Mac as well?

Hero

@vickyj87 PC only for the moment. No info on Macs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 267 (1,667 Views)

will the sims 4 work in the mac system?

★★★ Newbie

will the sims 4 work in the mac system?

Message 22 of 267 (1,671 Views)

Re: will the sims 4 work in the mac system?

Message 23 of 267 (1,668 Views)

Sims 4

★ Novice
When is the sims 4 going to come out for Mac? Because I really want to get it when it comes out and I only have a Mac soooo ya.....
Message 24 of 267 (1,669 Views)

Re: Sims 4

Hero (Retired)

At this point, there is no info on what hardware requirement Sims 4 has.

Sims 4 is availble as Origin Digital Version and a disc version. There's no info on a Steam Version

PC

Sims 4 will be avaible for PC Windows. The game is availble for Pre-Order in different Versions. 

I assume it will be for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. It's unclear at this if XP will still be supporterted or not.

Mac

There is no info on a mac Version. The availbe Version is for PC only. DO NOT PREORDER

Console

There's no info if there will be a console version or not.

Linux

There's no info on that but I seriously doubt it.

@gtregre7   moved to sims 4 http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/System-Specs-and-Platform-Information/td-p/2168541

Message 25 of 267 (1,665 Views)

The sims 4 mac

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi is there a Mac version of the sims 4 ? as i will not buy the pc version.

Message 26 of 267 (1,657 Views)

Re: The sims 4 mac

Hero

EA is focusing on PC at the moment. They have no info about mac.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 267 (1,651 Views)

The Sims 4 compatibility

★★★ Newbie

To EA,

Will The Sims 4 be compatible with macbook pro? 

If I used bootcamp on my mac would that work?

Finally, what computer would you recodmend so I can play sims without any issues?

I am a huge Sims fan but I need a new computer because mine keeps on breaking down. I need to know this because I use a mac and I am wondering what computer I should get. I am considering to buy a mac or a pc, but I am not sure. I really want to get another mac because I am used to the track pad and the format. Although, if Sims 4 isn't compatible with mac (even with the use of bootcamp) I would seriously consider a pc. 

Thank you so much for your help!

From Molly 

Message 28 of 267 (1,669 Views)

Re: [INFORMATION] Sims 4 Currently NOT for Mac ... Please post here for questions

★★★ Newbie

So, if I install bootcamp on to my macbook pro the sims 4 will be able to perfectly on it?

Message 29 of 267 (1,648 Views)

Re: Reserve The Sims 4 - No Compatible with MAC

★★★ Newbie

Try downloading bootcamp. I am not sure if it will work but please tell me the results if you can!

Message 30 of 267 (1,650 Views)