Re: External hard drive troubles on MAC -- sims 4

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

External hard drive troubles on MAC -- sims 4

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I am playing on a Macbook Air 2015, and I store my game on a 1TB Toshiba external hard drive. I am having trouble because even though the download destination for my games is in /volumes/Toshiba , the game is still being downloaded onto my Mac? Whenever I go to download after checking to make sure the download destination is correct, I can always see that the available storage on my computer goes down whenever I am downloading the game, even when it is supposed to be storing the data on my external hard drive. What is this? I want to play but I have only a few GB left on my actual computer but 900 GB left on my external hard drive? I tried deleting and redownloading origin, deleting and redownloading the game, repairing, updating, everything! I'm lost ):

Message 1 of 4 (475 Views)
Highlighted

@savsilby 

Could you screenshot the install location of your games in Origin and post it here?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (455 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello! Thank you for wanting to help! Attached is where I have my game saved 

Message 3 of 4 (444 Views)

@savsilby

Thanks. And you don't have the game showing on that drive? You should have a game app and The Sims 4 Packs folder in the same install location.

Have you checked that Origin has Full Disk Access and Files & Folders access in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (431 Views)