Re: Exception raised

by clary0820

Original Post

Exception raised

★★ Novice

I have just finished downloading some CC and opened up the launcher to install the CC into my game, but when I have tried to install the CC I get the message, 

Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00000000 at address 0x7c470f73.

Do you wish to debug it ?

No matter whether I press yes or no, it will close the window and therefore not allow me to install the new CC, however it doesn't close the launcher. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,126 Views)

@clary0820  Try removing all the Sims3Packs from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, and just putting back a single one you'd like to install.  You can also try installing while your computer is offline: the launcher won't have as much to load, since it's not able to connect to EA servers to download all the store ads.

If this doesn't help, drag your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, open the launcher to create a new folder, move one of the Sims3Packs you'd like to install to Downloads inside that new folder, and try to install it.  Let me know whether it works.  If it does, it's simple enough to move your newly installed content back to your original Sims 3 folder after the fact, or to move your old content to the new folder.  I can write out the process if you're not sure how to do it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (1,050 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I tried the first method which didn't work, so I tried the second method and opened the game and made the second folder, I put one pack into the downloads folder and installed it and it worked just fine so i moved all of my sims3packs into the new downloads folder but I got the error message again.

Message 3 of 5 (1,016 Views)

@clary0820  There could be one bad Sims3Pack, or it could be that the launcher isn't handling the total very well.  It's always best to install content in small batches, and worlds separately, so as not to overload the launcher.

For now, create another clean folder, move over your Sims3Packs three or four at a time, and see what happens.  If you get the error, you'll know that the issue was one of those packs you just added, and you can test them individually.  If you don't get the error, great.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (1,006 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Okay I'll begin that process now and update you if I'm successful, thanks for all the help.

Message 5 of 5 (998 Views)