Re: Exception Raised Unhandled exception - Sims 3 will not launch

by predederva

Original Post

Exception Raised Unhandled exception - Sims 3 will not launch

★ Novice

I have a mac. I have had The Sims 3 Deluxe (Sims 3/ambitions) for years and been able to play it no problem. I have the disc version. Tonight I purchased The Sims™ 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff and The Sims™ 3 Diesel Stuff through origin. I installed the games. When I went to play The Sims the game asked for a code which i input, then an error message appears which says 

"Exception Raised

Unhandled exception 0x80000004 at address 0x00000000.
Do you wish to debug it ?

Yes   No"

It doesn't matter what you pick, the game crashes and will not launch. I talked to three different Customer Service reps, they made me download things, but nothing fixed the problem. Now I can't even play my game. Anyone have a solution? They finally said they are working on it and it's a known issue. But I wish I could play my game.

Information: 

• ID: predederva
  • Are you opted into the Origin beta? ???
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): OSX version 10.9.5 
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information):

Processor  3.06 GHz Intel Core i3

Memory  4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

• Any error message received:

"Exception Raised

Unhandled exception 0x80000004 at address 0x00000000.
    Do you wish to debug it ?

Yes   No"

• A detailed description of what is occurring: When game is launched, it asked for product code. After that is inputed this error message comes up and the game not only fails to launch but crashes.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: 1) had me download this hotspot shield 2) downloaded a patch for Sims 3 

Message 1 of 4 (1,113 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@predederva

moved to the Mac forums Bluebell will reply as soon as is online

Message 2 of 4 (1,095 Views)

@predederva

Did you move out any Mods and CC you may have before installing the SPs? Likewise with downloading and installing the patch?

Which patch did you download, the Region specific one or the digital one? It should be the digital one.

Go to Documents > Electronic Arts and move the Sims 3 folder out onto your desktop. Try loading the game again (the folder will be recreated but your saves etc. will still be safe in the folder you moved).

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (1,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't have any mods. I'm not sure what a CC even is. The game only stopped working once I downloaded both DLCs. It did say something like if the expansion packs are not up to date the game may not work.

I'm not sure what patch I downloaded. Can you link me to the right patch? Remember I have sims 3 Deluxe which includes Ambitions.  

I put the Sims 3 folder on my desktop but it wants me to install the game. Should I? If that works how do I get my saved file? How do i eventually get to play my DLC?

Do you think the fact I downloaded the Sims 3/Ambition from a CD, but the expansion packs from origin has something to do with it?

I am very annoyed. I just want to play my game. I am regretting buying the DLC. I just want to keep playing my Sims 3 game and now I can't. 

Message 4 of 4 (1,071 Views)