Error- Unable to start due to missing game data.

by lhbroderick

Original Post

Re: Delete sims 4 legacy edition

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I tried that without any luck. I also tried uninstall Sims and do it but it didn't work. Now I tried to uninstall whole Origin and install everything again but same error "Unable to start". Please EA solve this Frown

Message 61 of 103 (1,737 Views)

Re: Error- Unable to start due to missing game data.

★★★ Newbie

When I try and download the legacy edition it just says error and won’t download 

Message 62 of 103 (1,700 Views)

Game data not found

★★★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Sims 4 when it was free for my little ones, i haven’t used it for a while so it asked me to update, after the update when I tried to put it on for my little ones it tells me the game data is missing and it needs to be installed, how do I do this, I don’t want to have to pay for it because I got it for free, how can I do this for free

message said 

unable to start:

unable to start due to missing game data. Please  download the Sims 4 Legacy Edition from Origin

(5de4b8a3:29f00e76:00000000:00000000)

Message 63 of 103 (1,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this same problem. After my game updated when the university pack was released it wouldn't start up. I kept getting the pop-up window saying I had to download Legacy. However, in my EA folder it said I had legacy. I tried everything to fix it, every time I searched for legacy I'm organ it said I already had it. BUT I DIDN"T ACTUALLY HAVE LEGACY OK. I called the help line and they said folder showed up when I updated but it was just a place for legacy to go when you download it. I had to and download it from the extra content section. Now my game works perfectly fine. Bless.

Message 64 of 103 (1,645 Views)

Re: Game data not found

@pmliu88

Your Mac may not support Metal in which case you must download the Legacy version of the game, it is free as you already own the normal version. For help please see the sticky here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 65 of 103 (1,639 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai thank you so much! this helped me out
Message 66 of 103 (1,560 Views)

Re: Sims 4 does not launch in macOS Sierra

★★★ Newbie
@jorienxh yes that is also what i see
Message 67 of 103 (1,472 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is the message that comes up when i attempt to play:

Unable to start

Unable to start due to missing game data. Please download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition from Origin

Message 68 of 103 (1,398 Views)

@SirNateLabarca  Please post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 69 of 103 (1,396 Views)

★★ Novice

here you go

Message 70 of 103 (1,364 Views)