Re: Delete sims 4 legacy edition

by dzm06

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 won't work after new update!

★★ Novice
@dzm06 "Unable to start due to missing game data. Please download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition from Origin." The last eight numbers are all zeros.
Message 51 of 103 (3,501 Views)

★★ Novice

I followed this workaround but it didn't work on my mac

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Re-Sims-4-Initialization-error-at-startup-Legacy-Edit...

I get this error even when the "The Sims 4 Legacy Edition" is installed

Unable to start:

Unable to start due to missing game data. Please download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition from Origin.
[5de4b8a3:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

In the "Electronic Arts" folder I have two folders "The Sims 4" and "The Sims 4 Legacy Edition". I have also change the language setting in the Origin to English and tried to start Sims but same error. I changed the language back and tried started it again even then I get the same error.

My computer has
MacOS High Sierra
MacBook Pro early 2011
Processor 1,3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
Graphic card Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Please can some help to solve this problem?

Message 52 of 103 (3,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@MelinaSagaand @docmom2four  That error should be presented when your macOS/hardware combination doesn't support LE AND LE is not installed. What you describe on your machine sounds like you have installed LE, so the next option is that the installation is somehow not complete. Can you delete The Sims 4.app from your Applications folder (it's in your user's application folder in your home directory, not the system's Applications directory - get to it in Finder by pulling down the Go menu and selecting Go To Folder... and entering ~/Applications/), then allow the Origin client to repair/reinstall. Make sure you have enabled "Legacy Edition" on the "Extras" tab for The Sims 4 in the Origin client.

Message 53 of 103 (3,400 Views)

Re: Error- Unable to start due to missing game data.

★★ Novice

OK guys this problem is when u got the DELUXE EDITION, u gotta download the legacy edition on origin : just research "sims 4 legacy" and add it to ur library, then u gotta download sim 4 deluxe edition first and u will see with all ur extensions " SIMS 4 LEGACY EDITION" idk for now if thats work but i got it i think !

Message 54 of 103 (3,313 Views)

Re: Sims 4 does not launch in macOS Sierra

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, update for me at least- I upgraded my MAC to Catalina and ran the Repair Game feature and I was able to play again. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Message 55 of 103 (3,293 Views)

★ Novice

here can I find the Game detail page?

Message 56 of 103 (3,275 Views)

★★ Novice

@dzm06 I did what you said but now I get this error Frown

Unable to start
Initialization error at start up
135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0

Message 57 of 103 (3,268 Views)

@MelinaSaga  Try this:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Re-Sims-4-Initialization-error-at-startup-Legacy-Edit...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 58 of 103 (3,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Shaalaala, we do already have the Legacy Edition installed. 

Message 59 of 103 (3,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I do have the Legacy Edition installed. And it was working just fine until the most recent update a few days ago. Since the update, it won't run. I already ran the repair/install option from the right click menu on the Mac. Others in a similar thread have noted that if they delete the app and reinstall, it still won't run, but with an initialization error message.

Message 60 of 103 (3,216 Views)