Re: Error: 196623:0

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Error: 196623:0

★★ Novice

I just bought the new Moschino accessory pack and as soon as I rounded up payment there was this error saying I couldn't install my game. Tried everything possible so far. Reset my proxy settings, reseting my router, making sure to restart my macbook and even granting Origin full access to my drivers to make sure nothing is in the way. Nothing helped so far. I'm on the phone with the EA Helpdesk, but the guy over there doesn't seem to know what do to either.

Apparently I don't have a 'safe download' button in my version of Origin, which sucks, so no matter how hard I try it will never work. My system settings are currently 10.14.6. I've never had this before with installing other games. So either something is wrong in the cloud version EA uses for the Sims, or something at their HQ is lacking a lot. Someone else got the same issues and knows a good solution?

Message 1 of 2 (461 Views)

Re: Error: 196623:0

@steffibosgoed91

What do you mean "even granting Origin full access to my drivers to make sure nothing is in the way"?

There is no longer a safe download option in Origin and hasn't been for some time.

Could you please run the Origin reset tool and see if that helps - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (447 Views)