Re: Cannot re-install the sims 4

by YoshiinoYoshi

Original Post

@YoshiinoYoshi

I completely understand why you're frustrated, I really do. At least we are aware that EA are working on it, acknowledgment is better than silence Standard smile

I see you've said your Mac is from 2007 but not which model it is. I have a mid - 2007 20" iMac which runs El Capitan and from doing a little research it seems that is the maximum OS that most models from that year can run. Do you not get the option to download El Capitan from the App Store? I don't know of any models which Yosemite is the maximum OS - Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7) and El Capitan (10.11) are the caps due to quite major changes in the subsequent OS.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 71 of 94 (1,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora I have no option to update my Mac to El Capitan, I already looked for it when someone on here recommended it but I am guessing my processing system is too old. :/ 

Message 72 of 94 (1,069 Views)

@YoshiinoYoshi

Which Mac do you have? Click on the Apple in the top left corner then About This Mac. Can you post all the info, apart from the serial number, here? Make, model, processor etc.

Did you do a search in the App Store for El Capitan? It’s always easier if you filter the search to Apple apps Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 73 of 94 (1,055 Views)

Re: Server problem?

★★★★★ Novice
This problem has been happening to other people for 2 weeks as well, and also I have a mac not a PC.
Message 74 of 94 (1,001 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora 

I have a 2007 Macbook Pro, and I did search for it on the Apple store in my settings. The only things that show up are guides for using El Capitan sadly. 

Here is the info:

Macbook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009 )

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB Graphics 

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Storage

Message 75 of 94 (1,034 Views)

I have a 2007 Macbook Pro, and I did search for it on the Apple store in my settings. The only things that show up are guides for using El Capitan sadly. 

Here is the info:

Macbook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009 )

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB Graphics 

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Storage</quote>

@YoshiinoYoshi

You don't have a 2007 model, you have a 2009 15" MacBook Pro. You can indeed upgrade to El Capitan, take a look at this site for verification (scroll down to Maximum MacOS) - "...It also supports the last version of OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" and OS X 10.11 "El Capitan" -- including Mac-to-Mac AirDrop capability -- but no other advanced features are supported. It is not capable of running macOS Sierra (10.12) or subsequent versions of the macOS at all."

There is also verification and full instructions on how to upgrade to El Capitan on Apple's site here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206886

AHQSigImage.png
Message 76 of 94 (1,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora Ah okay, thanks, I'll look for it again.

Message 77 of 94 (1,030 Views)

Re: The sims 4 not in my library anymore

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey everyone,

I've updated my previous message which can be found here.

Long story short: There will be fix in the coming weeks, first for the Beta version and later on one for the normal version of Origin.

Jason.png
Message 78 of 94 (999 Views)

Re: Server problem?

[ Edited ]

@NightMimex

I moved your post to the relevant thread about this issue.

You can find information on this in the post directly above this one and in @Bluebellflora responses.

Edit: Typo.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 79 of 94 (977 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora It worked! Thank you so much! I still have issues with the Sims 4 to figure out but at least I can play again. Since I can not actually mark this as the answer I want to just say, for everyone who can not update to High Sierra, update to El Capitan using the link Bluebellflora provides!! Thanks again for the help!

Message 80 of 94 (933 Views)