Re: Cannot re-install the sims 4

by YoshiinoYoshi

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Updating my operating system is not a feasible option.  Any updates on this?

Message 61 of 94 (1,381 Views)

Re: Origin internet connection error - The Sims 4

@spismango

I merged your post with a the thread related to this problem.

@Bluebellflora

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 62 of 94 (1,362 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

@lulupinkerton Yes, I do have an update Standard smile

I'd like to thank each and every one of you for the examples that you've given us and all the troubleshooting that you've performed. We're currently investigating a fix for this problem and we're working on getting out to everyone. 

Stay tuned...

Jason.png
Message 63 of 94 (1,291 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yay! The support team on Twitter said they are releasing an update to fix this soon too! I just want to finish this Sims house. T^T

Message 64 of 94 (1,214 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Alright, since EA maybe is looking at this chain to figure out issues I want to share some complaints of mine. It has officially been over two weeks since this issue started for me. I find it strange that a company like EA is so unprofessional about an issue this big. Their update messed up games that we spend tons of money on and all they are willing to do is passive-aggressively tell us to shut up. Even on your support chats, they offer no help and the EA help Twitter has not even said anything about this issue. They just comment on console glitches for your sports games. EA is ignoring us for the most part and just throwing all of our questions here to be unanswered. We need to know if we can play our games ever again, we need to know when this will be fixed, and we need actual contact. Not this silence and constant restarting of Macs on a daily basis with no results. Having so many people unable to play games for weeks on end is a big issue and it should not be shoved to the back of your minds. At least tell us what is going on. You can be sure that I will not be buying any Sims products or EA games ever again in the future.

Message 65 of 94 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Novice

I feel the same....

Message 66 of 94 (1,127 Views)

Champion

@YoshiinoYoshiI understand how you feel, but at the same time it may be a combination of issues that is causing the problem on some Macs while not on others. It may not be a simple fix of "oh we broke this one line of code", it could be hundreds, thousands of broken lines of code. They are probably working on it daily, if not working overtime. You and I do not know. I am not an EA employee and do not know what is involved at this point.

Be patient. Keep checking back. 

It's ok to vent, but you need to realize it isn't just you, and it affects a lot of other uses. Yes, it is a larger problem. Give EA/Maxis a chance to research and correct the issue. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 67 of 94 (1,119 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Tremayne4260

I know this is not just me and I am saying this for everyone. I keep seeing threads and comments on this thread saying people feel disrespected. I am just saying that it feels like they are not doing anything because they act extremely rude when we ask questions and they hardly get in contact with us for updates. They are not even mentioning it on their support Twitter. My point was that I just wish they would try to give us more updates, try to work with us, so we know that they respect us as customers. I do not care if it takes a while if I am treated fairly. It feels like they merged my thread with others and gave us a solution that does not fix the issue completely. They should talk to us about this, that is all.

Message 68 of 94 (1,104 Views)

@YoshiinoYoshi

I merged the threads because there were so many of them. When there are a lot of threads on the same issue it clogs up the forum, especially the first page, therefore stopping other problems people are asking for help for from being visible.

I understand that this issue is extremely frustrating, especially as a patch has not yet been released to fix it. And yes, it does seem to be taking a long time for said patch to materialise. EA are evidently aware of what is causing the issue, this comes from testing by myself and others and players providing excellent feedback.

People are very quick to rant but often can't be bothered to actually provide the information asked for which actually enables the problem to be found/reproduced.

There is a workaround for this issue, that is to upgrade from Yosemite to a more recent version of macOS. Most Macs released in the last ten years can be upgraded to at least El Capitan.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 69 of 94 (1,095 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora I have been told about this workaround over and over again on this thread and as I said before, my Mac is 11 years old and can not update past Yosemite. 

While I understand that it clogs thing up, people still do not get their answers and I do not get my answer because of this. It is annoying and I have given updates. I am not just ranting, I have contacted support and spent hours trying different things to get Origin to work. I am not just trying to be lazy and yell at people. The only reason I am even ranting and getting upset is because of the small amounts of communication we are getting, I said it three times, the communication has been terrible and that is my issue. EA has not made a statement that I have seen on this and while I am glad you and others are trying to help, I also think they should at least actually tell us what is happening when we all spend so much on their games and Origin in general. I keep seeing things like this with Origin and EA recently. Them being rude about other things, deleting accounts and refusing to give reasons, and just being rude to people who ask for help with this because they do not know about the server issues yet. I'm trying to point out a huge communication issue, that's all. I can put up with the wait, it is annoying, but I can deal. I do not like it when I get rude replies or ignored for trying to point out an issue that a lot of people are dealing with. If you have to merge posts that is just the proof, a lot of people need help and answers they are not getting from EA.

Message 70 of 94 (1,081 Views)