Electronic Arts folder not regenerating

by britneyelainemil

Original Post

Electronic Arts folder not regenerating

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Parenthood, Get Together, Discovery University, Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Deleting your electronic arts folder
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to get it back
What do you expect to see? The folder regenerating
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

At some point, I accidentally deleted my Electronic Arts folder and I have had no luck getting it back. I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game, repairing the game, updating the game regularly, opening, playing, and saving. Nothing has seemed to work. I cannot find the folder anywhere in my files. I rarely touch the game at all anymore because I hate playing it without mods. Another thing that is kind of strange to me is that every time I update the game my script mods are automatically enabled. In my experience, every time I had updated in the past I would have to reenable them and restart the game but now they are always on (not that it matters much anyway because I have no way of downloading any CC or mods without any of my folders). 

Message 1 of 13 (1,391 Views)

Re: Electronic Arts folder not regenerating

@britneyelainemil 

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find / -type d -name "*The Sims 4*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 13 (1,334 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I am kind of having a similar issue. My CC is not showing up in the game anymore so I did a lot of research and tried almost everything but in the end, I disabled CC options, deleted the mods folder, restarted the game and re-enabled CC options and played in the game for a moment, then left, hoping to see a new folder generated.

When that did not work, I assumed that maybe my whole sims 4 folder had been messed up so I decided to remove the whole sims 4 folder from electronic arts and then launch the game and see if I could get everything to reset and get a new folder but it won't do any of that. All of my saved content is still there and when I check the directory, everything is how it should look but my sims 4 folder isn't in the electronic arts folder anymore even though the directory says it is.

When I searched my whole computer for another sims 4 folder (maybe it regenerated somewhere else?) nothing else showed up. I'm jut not sure what to do next...

Thanks for your help and time!

Message 3 of 13 (1,191 Views)

@kgracie19

What were the results when you ran the Terminal search?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,179 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Terminal search? When I typed in "sims 4" for the folder when I search my whole computer the game the sims comes up and then a folder that says sims 4 packs but that is it.
Message 5 of 13 (1,165 Views)

@kgracie19

Yes, a Terminal search. Please see my previous reply directly above yours and perform a search in Terminal.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 13 (1,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello @Bluebellflora 

Sorry it has been so long, I got really busy. Here is the result of the search:

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 10.10.05 AM.png

Thanks!

Message 7 of 13 (789 Views)

@kgracie19 

You have a Sims 4 folder in the correct location, in Documents > Electronic Arts.

You also have one in a folder called "Stuff" on your Desktop.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 13 (779 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

But when I open up these folders, there is nothing in them:

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 2.14.38 PM.png

Message 9 of 13 (772 Views)

@kgracie19

What is the exact file path of that Electronic Arts folder? Click the Back button in that Finder window then click on the Electronic Arts folder once to select it, hold down the CMD key and press the i key. This brings up the info window. At the top it will show the file path. Please copy and paste it here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 13 (764 Views)