Eco Lifestyle: Excessive Lag and Glitches after 6pm

by kriskasch

Original Post

Eco Lifestyle: Excessive Lag and Glitches after 6pm

★★ Novice

A few days ago I started seeing excessive lag while on the eco lifestyle world lots to the point where it's almost impossible to play. When they are in other worlds, everything runs normally, and even within the Eco Lifestyle wold it's all fine from about 6am-6pm, then the lag suddenly gets completely terrible and things continuously glitch until the next morning (Sims time, not real time).

I play with no Mods, no CC, on an iMac. I've tried restarting, Repairing within Origin, the general basic troubleshooting. The issue is specific to game play in Evergreen Harbor between 6pm and 6am.

Message 4 of 5 (411 Views)

Excessive Lag and Glitches at Night with Eco Lifestyle

★★ Novice

A few days ago I started seeing excessive lag while on the eco lifestyle world lots to the point where it's almost impossible to play. When they are in other worlds, everything runs normally, and even within the Eco Lifestyle wold it's all fine from about 6am-6pm, then the lag suddenly gets completely terrible and things continuously glitch until the next morning (Sims time, not real time).

I play with no Mods, no CC, and on an iMac. I've tried restarting, Repairing within Origin. The issue is specific to game play in Evergreen Harbor between 6pm and 6am.

Message 1 of 5 (505 Views)

Re: Excessive Lag and Glitches at Night with Eco Lifestyle

★ Pro

@kriskasch  I think you would be better off posting this in the Mac Technical Issues forum: The Sims 4 | Technical Issues – Mac | Forum | EA Answers HQ

Before posting, you might want to see if there have been any other reports of this.  You might find there is a solution or workaround already offered.  I play on PC so am not current on reports in that forum.

Message 2 of 5 (461 Views)

★★ Novice

I spent a good amount of time searching through the forums and while I found issues regarding lag, most were playing on console or PC - as mentioned previously I already tried the general fixes that were listed in those (repairing, etc), outside of that all of the repairs I saw were specific to that users issues. I'll try the Mac forum though, thanks.

Message 3 of 5 (422 Views)

@kriskasch 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (393 Views)