Eco Lifestyle: Black Screen when trying to access Apartment Buildings

by kateschn

Original Post

Eco Lifestyle: Black Screen when trying to access Apartment Buildings

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: all except for Island Living; GPs: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day; SPs: Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new household, move them into an apartment in Evergreen Harbour and then go back to Manage Worlds to access them again.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to access the household after going to manage worlds, there is a black screen and I can't access the household.
What do you expect to see? I expect the preview of the apartments and being able to click on the apartment and household I'd like to play with.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I hope someone can help me with this, I scanned through the forum to find someone with a similar issue, but I couldn't find anything (or maybe I am being blind, I'm sorry if this is the case). I tried re-starting, I tried turning mods on and off to see if anything happens, I tried repairing the game through Origin - it's not working.

I bought and downloaded Eco Lifestyle a few days ago (I think it was on Monday) and installed the latest patch that came with it that day. Today, I finally had the time to play it and Origin told me there is a new patch so of course I installed that one and then went to open my game and this happened. To check if it was a problem with the Apartment Complex, I created another household and moved it into the other Apartment Complex, but now I can't access either of them. 

This occurs in a NEW SAVE! I haven't tried the old ones yet, because I'm too scared I might break one of them and lose my progress on some challenges. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 13 (640 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle: Black Screen when trying to access Apartment Buildings

Hero
@kateschn Mvoing this over to the mac forum. A Mac helper will assist you further with this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (628 Views)

@kateschn 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 13 (621 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Sorry I didn't see my topic was moved here!
Sure!

iMac 27'' Retina 5K, Late 2015
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
3,3GHz i5
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB

Game starts, works and everything, I can create a Sim etc. but I can't access the Apartment Buildings in Evergreen Harbour (haven't tried normal lots or other Apartment Lots in San Myshuno yet)
Message 4 of 13 (616 Views)

@kateschn

And this has happened since the latest patch? Could you move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop and try a brand new clean game to see if it still happens?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 13 (608 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora I've never done this before.. so basically take my folder out of the EA Folder in my Documents and put it onto my Desktop and then start the game again from Origin?
Message 6 of 13 (603 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Ok I did what you told me to and it seems like the problem disappeared.. so does this mean something is wrong with my game files? Frown
Message 7 of 13 (589 Views)

@kateschn

It means something in the Sims 4 folder, where all your user generated data is stored, is causing the problem. This is most likely Mods. DO you have any UI Mods installed? Maybe a Mod that changes the map screens?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 13 (560 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora I have MC Command Center installed but updated it to its newest version.. and 4 columns for CAS.. those are the only two UI Mods I use and have in my Mods folder, however I turned all the mods off inside the game and it kept happening.. does it still happen if it's in the folder, even if the mods are turned off?
Message 9 of 13 (539 Views)

@kateschn

Maybe it's a broken save? This troubleshooting method explains exactly what you need to do to isolate the issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 13 (535 Views)