EVERYTHING IS GONE

by Keira_bruh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EVERYTHING IS GONE

★★★★ Novice

Today I opened The Sims 4, it said "Unrecognized Video Card". I have the 2017 MacBook Pro I've been playing on this since August 2018, everything was running fine until today. My custom content is gone, even though it pops up on the starter menu, it's gone in CAS. For the homes I downloaded in the gallery, the pictures/thumbnail won't show, a show of them have a red X over them. Not only that but my saves gone also, but they are all in the folder. I don't know what to do now. Please help 

Message 1 of 3 (506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EVERYTHING IS GONE

Champion

@Keira_bruh , have you changed any settings on your Mac recently or updated anything recently (like your Mac OS or another program or Sims 4 itself)? My first thought is to check your iCloud settings. Go to System Preferences, click on iCloud and check to see if your Desktop and Documents is checked. If it is, uncheck it. Next go to your iCloud account and see if a copy of your Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) is located there and if it is, drag a copy to your Desktop.

Next place the contents of your Sims 4 folder you have on your Desktop in the Sims 4 Folder found Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 on your Hard drive. Please note that you cannot save this folder to the Cloud as the game cannot read it and this folder must remain on your Hard Drive.

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (492 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Keira_bruh , have you changed any settings on your Mac recently or updated anything recently (like your Mac OS or another program or Sims 4 itself)? My first thought is to check your iCloud settings. Go to System Preferences, click on iCloud and check to see if your Desktop and Documents is checked. If it is, uncheck it. Next go to your iCloud account and see if a copy of your Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) is located there and if it is, drag a copy to your Desktop.

Next place the contents of your Sims 4 folder you have on your Desktop in the Sims 4 Folder found Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 on your Hard drive. Please note that you cannot save this folder to the Cloud as the game cannot read it and this folder must remain on your Hard Drive.

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried to move the folder to the desktop but it said "Items cant' be copied to "Desktop" because you don't have permission to read them" 

UPDATE: IT WORKED! THANK YOU
Message 3 of 3 (479 Views)