by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downsizing broken on Nordic keyboard + Mac

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a Mac with a Nordic keyboard, and try to downsize items (shift + ` is how to).
What happens when the bug occurs? Function doesn't work, object does not size down.
What do you expect to see? Object sizing down.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This problem was prevalent before installing CC.

I have the same keyboard layout and issue that has been described here & here - was advised by EA Help to post in the bug forum as it seems to be specific to Mac and Nordic keyboards, as I can easily downsize objects using the shift + ` control on a PC. The workaround for changing keyboards shouldn't be necessary and removes the possibility to use Nordic characters (Æ Ø Å) in name creation and so forth.

Message 1 of 5 (591 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Downsizing broken on Nordic keyboard + Mac

@sulsulhelena

On a UK/US keyboard layout it is the [ and ] keys, no shift key needed. I know you don't want to but have you gone into System Preferences > Keyboards > Input Sources and tried adding the UK or US keyboard layout?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (543 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @sulsulhelena 

moved this to the mac forum as I'm unsure if it's exactly the same for macs

This is what it should be: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/05/resize-objects/ . it really depends on your language.

Hopefully a mac user can assist you better but it's best to know which country your keyboard is

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (550 Views)

@sulsulhelena

On a UK/US keyboard layout it is the [ and ] keys, no shift key needed. I know you don't want to but have you gone into System Preferences > Keyboards > Input Sources and tried adding the UK or US keyboard layout?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 5 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, @Bluebellflora yeah that is the workaround that seems to be most accepted. I've added it to the forum since it technically could be considered an in game bug.

Message 4 of 5 (505 Views)

@sulsulhelena

It's not a bug, more a feature that hasn't been optimised for all keyboard variations. As there is a workaround for it it's not a game breaker thankfully. There are a few threads on this issue from other language keyboard setups which are also affected, it's not just Nordic unfortunately Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 5 (492 Views)