Download error Origin is not able to download Sims 4 "DiP_STAGED"

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Download error Origin is not able to download Sims 4 "DiP_STAGED"

[ Edited ]

If you are experiencing this issue whilst trying to install The Sims 4 or, more likely, download a game update, you're not alone. This error can affect the base game or any installed packs.

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 08.26.38.png

(thanks to @PaigeRowee for the screenshot)

The good news is that it is fixable. The bad news is that you will most likely have to completely uninstall and reinstall your game. However, before taking such drastic action you could try the following:

Check your Origin and Sims 4 install locations

(User specific) By default Origin installs to the system Applications folder, /Applications. By default the game installs to the Mac user account Applications folder that downloaded it, /Users/[User1]/Applications. If another user account is set up, User2, and they attempt to update the game in that account, the DiP_STAGED error appears as they do not have permission to access User1's Applications folder. To fix this you must be logged into User1:

1. Move the Sims 4 app from User1's Applications folder to the System Applications folder
  2. Open Origin > Installs & Saves > Game Library Location and change the install game location to /Applications
  3. Quit Origin and run the Origin reset tool

4. Re-launch Origin, log in as normal and repair the game 

If your game is installed on an external drive

The same permissions instructions apply as each user account has separate permission to access external volumes.

Repair the game

Right click on the game in your Origin Games Library and select repair game IF the option is available to you, which it may not be.

Attempt to locate the file ending in DiP_STAGED

Quit Origin. Right click on the Sims 4 in your Applications folder and select Show Package Contents. Remember, you have two Application folders, one in Macintosh HD > Applications and one in Users > [user account] > Applications. A Finder window will pop up. Navigate through to the location shown in the error message (in the screenshot above it is Contents > _CodeSignature) and trash the file ending in DiP_STAGED.

Run the Origin reset tool

EA have created the reset tool for Mac to remove all Origin cache, preference, .plist, and other files that install in your Mac Library folders. It is superb and can fix a lot of Origin related issues but may not fix this one. Definitely worth trying though - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Perform a 'super repair'

This has sometimes worked for users. Follow the instructions in the Sims 4/Mac FAQ here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

If none of the above work then you will have to uninstall:

Uninstall and reinstall

This will fix the issue but is a pain, I know Frown To uninstall the game you right click on it in your Origin Games Library and select Uninstall. After you have uninstalled please run the Origin reset tool again. Then restart your Mac, launch Origin and download the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 114 of 270 (57,937 Views)

Sims 4 Update Download Error

★★ Novice

For some reason my game won't update. I tried to play today and it started updating automatically, verifying the game files and such, and it downloaded, but when it started updating it stopped around 60% and brought up this error (image included, the first one) I quit origin and re-opened it, trying again and the same thing happened, and I uninstalled Origin and reinstalled it, but it still didn't work. I'd really like some help as it won't let me play the game without updating.

I tried going to the area the image talked about but nothing was there. Any help?

Message 1 of 270 (66,607 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update Download Error

★★ Novice

Update: Tried Safe Mode Downloading and still did not work

Message 2 of 270 (66,583 Views)

@HiBriana_

Right click (or CTRL and click) on the game in your Applications folder then click on Show Package Contents. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS. What files are in that folder?

Have you tried the Origin reset tool? http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 270 (66,578 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora I looked at it earlier and don't quite remember what was in it, but I deleted the game and am re-installing it now in hopes the update will be along with it, thank you though! 

Message 4 of 270 (70,346 Views)

@HiBriana_

Did uninstalling and reinstalling it work? Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 270 (66,564 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora It did work!
Message 6 of 270 (66,560 Views)

@HiBriana_

That's really good to know, thanks for confirming. I wonder if a file had accidentally been deleted?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 270 (66,555 Views)

Download Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently just updated to the new origin, I then had to update the sims 4 games. I've been trying to update the Sims 4 game for the last two days and it only progresses 2-5% each time before i get this alert :

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 Limited Edition to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

How can i resolve this issue, 

Thank you!!

Message 8 of 270 (78,488 Views)

Re: Download Error

Hero

What's your operating system ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 270 (78,464 Views)