Re: Downgrade from El Captain to Mavericks?

by fons_garmo

Original Post

Downgrade from El Captain to Mavericks?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I spoke with two EA advisors the other day about being able to play my Sims 3 on my Mac Book. After a pretty long conversation between both reps, their solution was to downgrade my computer's software from El Captain to Mavericks. Has anyone else had to do the same thing to play TS3? Just curious.

Message 1 of 6 (328 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @mizztee09,

It may be possible, but not recommended. And probably your issue with The Sims 3 is not due to OS X El Capitan. May I help you? Standard smile

I need more infor about your Mac

Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on "More Info" depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

Message 2 of 6 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@fons_garmo

Operating System (Version): OS X El Capitan version 10.11.3
Mac model: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)

Processor:  2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory (RAM): 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Message 3 of 6 (303 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mizztee09,

Thanks. What's the exact issue? Game won't open? Game won't launch? Does it show up any specific error message?

Message 4 of 6 (292 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@fons_garmo

The game won't launch. With the disk it got as far as showing the families, but then I'll get the disk authorization message. So then I went through origin to do the digital download like the EA advisor suggested, and the game won't even get pass the launcher. So they suggested to just downgrade my MacBook's software if I want to play.
Message 5 of 6 (288 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mizztee09,

Okay, please check this thread with more info about this issue and how to solve it: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

Closing this thread to avoid duplicates.

Message 6 of 6 (283 Views)