Do sims3 or 4 support the new M1 chip MacBook?

by Raydongc

Original Post

Betreff: Do sims3 or 4 support the new M1 chip MacBook?

@Alice12121212  Isla Paradiso is so broken in its original state that it can lag or crash on any system.  That doesn't mean that Sims 3 overall runs poorly, just that the world is too broken to work as it should.  The features of the pack work fine though, and they can be used in any world that has space and deep enough water.

If you'd like to play in IP, you can fix the issues yourself, or you can download a fixed version made by someone else:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

The player who made the edited save documented all her changes in case people want to apply them to their own saves.  So you could try to fix an existing save if you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 18 (1,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Alice12121212Actually, the lagging in Isla Paradiso is well known, so I made my own save which all houseboats are changed to No visitors allowed, and it runs well without lagging. Try to change all the houseboats to No visitors allowed in your game. You need to move out all the family in houseboats to the land first. I'm going to order Mac Mini with M1 chip. If the crossover work, then I can play the sims 3 on Windows version. Standard smile I'm expecting that until the sims 3 metal version settles down.

Message 12 of 18 (1,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictWell I know that Isla Paradiso has many issues. It ist not the only word I had problems with. I had problems in Starlight Shores and in all of my old saves, too.

With Roaring hights I had less problems for some reason. It woked the best. And of course I had no problems with the CAS. That worked finde.

Every other Game I started crashed After just a few minuits.

Message 13 of 18 (1,546 Views)

@Alice12121212  Starlight Shores has some more minor issues, mostly related to the overspawning of performance limos.  (This is fixed by NRaas Traffic.)  And if your old saves are starting to get corrupt, they might not run so well either, regardless of game performance overall.

How do new saves run in these worlds?  It may be helpful to get a baseline for performance and then compare that to your old saves.  Inclement weather (rain, snow, hail) may also drag down performance, but you can test that as well.  Bring up the cheats console (cmd-shift-C) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes, then shift=click on the ground to see the option to change the seasons and weather.  You don't need to save your progress after the changes; it would just be useful to know whether bad weather makes a difference.

Message 14 of 18 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you run rosetta 2? I'm new to computers and can't seem to figure it out :/

Message 15 of 18 (1,161 Views)

@Pao_Pa01a  Please see this Apple support article for information about installing Rosetta 2:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Message 16 of 18 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Alice12121212 On Origin it says that this game only runs on 32 bit systems but the M1 is 64 bit. Can I purchase this game in origin anyway or is there another way?
Message 17 of 18 (898 Views)

@Coronaria32  When you own the 32-bit version of Sims 3, you also have the rights to the 64-bit version.  Normally you'd see two entries in your Origin game library:

DL 64-bit.png

The issue is sometimes the base game or a pack doesn't get granted automatically.  So you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that the "entitlement," as it's called, for 64-bit Sims 3 be added to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

While you're chatting with a support rep, make sure all your packs appear as downloadable in the 64-bit version too.

Message 18 of 18 (879 Views)