by kacatoui

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Display Glitch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons Game Packs: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Vampires Stuff Packs: Laundry Day, Moschino, Romantic Garden,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea.
What happens when the bug occurs? The screen has a major glitch, not completely consistent with when and how. All I know is terrain paint tools make it worse, and the only place that doesn't have the glitch (badly) is Glimmberbrook.
What do you expect to see? Normal textures, no glitch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have no idea what this glitch is and I genuinely have tried on and off for a few months to look it up, but it's partly so indescribable for me that I really just can't find another thread about it. It's been like this for MONTHS, so I've 100% restarted my computer at the least a dozen times in this time frame, I've repaired the game, updated it, uninstalled/reinstalled, removed all mods/CC, played with the graphics stats, all that stuff. Nothing fixes it. It doesn't get better or worse. The only place on the map that is playable is glimmer brook. It does not experience this glitch. The only place that experiences it is household lots with terrain paint. My house in glimmer brook has no terrain paint so I can play there. But obviously it's getting boring to have my sims literally live only within their house. 

The first photo is of glimmer brook. The glitch is only in the lots of houses that have terrain paint used. The second and third photos are what the game looks like everywhere besides glimmberbrook. I'm not tech savvy, please help. 

I got a new laptop back in July, I never changed anything about the game, when I first ran it on the new Mac it was normal for a while. It randomly started glitching even though I made no changes that I'm aware of. 

Message 1 of 8 (808 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Display Glitch

@kacatoui

That's great. Move your saves folder from the desktop TS4 folder into the newly created one, replacing the new one that is there, and then load your save and see if it happens again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (645 Views)

All Replies

@kacatoui 

Do you have a 16" MacBook Pro? Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 8 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Yes of course. I'm on macOS Catalina. This is a completely new MacBook, just bought this year not even three months ago. 

Operating System (Version): 10.15.6

Mac Model: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor: 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory (RAM): 16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

Message 3 of 8 (730 Views)

@kacatoui

Thanks. Can you move the whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop and then try a new game and see if it still happens.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (679 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

When I put the Sims 4 folder in my desktop and started the new game, it was not glitching anymore. I traveled to the different places on the map and had no issues. 

Message 5 of 8 (667 Views)

@kacatoui

That's great. Move your saves folder from the desktop TS4 folder into the newly created one, replacing the new one that is there, and then load your save and see if it happens again.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (646 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Works perfectly again, thank you very much for your time and help! 

Message 7 of 8 (635 Views)

@kacatoui

Thanks for coming back and confirming what worked. It really helps others who may be in the same situation Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (619 Views)