Re: Did they remove the alt place option?

by MiceWantPants

Original Post

Did they remove the alt place option?

★ Novice

About a week ago, the ability to alt place objects straight disappeared from my game. I've tried everything i can think of to trouble shoot it, including deleting the entire game and re-installing. Alt-placing just doesn't exist anymore for me, and i have NO idea why. 

Playing on Mac, Origin, Sims 4. Am using testingcheats on and bb.moveobects, then alt place. Not working, like it never was an option. HELPPPPPP

Message 1 of 8 (2,133 Views)

Champion

@MiceWantPants , hi! You accidentally posted your thread in the wrong section. I'm going to have it moved to the Sims 4 Mac section.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (2,103 Views)

@MiceWantPants

Have you tried both Alt keys on your Mac?

Have you re-mapped any keys in System Preferences > Keyboard?

Have you recently downloaded any software that may change the modifier key behaviour such as video or screen capture apps?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 8 (2,062 Views)

★ Novice

I dont know how re-mapping keys works but I have deleted all mods and saves, uninstalled the game, deleted origin, and redownloaded everything with a fresh completely empty game. Still nothing. To the point where i was convinced I was just stupid and doing it wrong, but I've watched the "how to alt place videos" and it just straight doesn't work at all. I only have 1 "alt" key on my keyboard (the option key for mac) but I've also gone into crazy mode and attempted every key possible in case i did re-map the keys somehow. 9 and 0 still work to lower and raise objects but i can't free place anything.

Message 4 of 8 (2,044 Views)

@MiceWantPants

Which language keyboard layout do you have? Have you tried repairing the game? If that doesn't fix it I would hazard a guess that it is actually something on your Mac causing the issue. Maybe something new you have installed that has remapped the keyboard and is overriding the game keys. Or maybe an app you already have installed has had an update which is causing the issue.

Which version of macOS are you running?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 8 (2,037 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Version 10.14.6. I did try repairing the game, did nothing, then i uninstalled and reinstalled it, I guess I'll try to repair it again? The thing is, i literally just use my laptop for Sims and Netflix, so I honestly can't think of anything that could effect the keyboard, i don't really have many apps. Is there anything i can do to override it, if that is the case, but i can't figure out what random app is doing it? Like a factory reset of the Sims, or even my computer's settings?

Message 6 of 8 (2,014 Views)

@MiceWantPants 

You can check your Keyboard settings in System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys:

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 22.11.45.png

If you have access to an external keyboard it would be good to plug it in/bluetooth it to test the Alt key in-game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 8 (2,010 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine it's a windows and doesn't work as well Frown

Message 8 of 8 (1,899 Views)