Deleted items being moved to household inventory

by chantal0914

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deleted items being moved to household inventory

★ Novice

Hi there,

I recently downloaded Sims 4 from Origin onto my MacBook. I have already played it for many years on my desktop. Immediately when I started playing I noticed there was some sort of bug when attempting to delete building items. There’s a delay. And then I found when attempting to delete household items, they are immediately moved to my household inventory. I then have to sell them from there. Other odd quirks like being unable to delete at all when placing multiple items (ie. chairs, windows) are also apparent. Couldn’t find the answer to this problem anywhere! Please help me! 

Message 1 of 7 (2,754 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Deleted items being moved to household inventory

Champion

@chantal0914 Please hold down the fn key and then press delete. There is one key that works as the backspace and delete key on Mac notebooks.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (2,671 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@chantal0914 
When you delete by pressing delete and no one owns the lot the item will be sold. If someone owns the lot the item will move into the household inventory, then you can sell it through inventory > sell. Alternatively, you can grab the item in build mode and drag it to the 'sell' bucket and it will sell rather than go into inventory.

If you are having odd behavior when placing or not being able to delete or place certain items in ways that are unexpected from your previous experience...

• ...you could try a game repair: Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game.
  • ...do you have mods or cc...
  • ...are you using MOO or did you use it when you placed certain items... 
  • ...is it a build you got from the gallery - in which case always assume first that MOO may have been used or that the glitch lies in the 'foreign' object (downloaded build) as who knows what some builders did or had active when making the lot.

Message 2 of 7 (2,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@SheriGR Thanks for the reply. It is definitely odd behaviour. It is not normal as I have played sims 4 for many years and have never experienced this. 

I have tried repairing the game through Origin and yet the problem continues. I have no mods or cc. The first family I attempted a gallery lot and it is when I noticed the problem, however I have since deleted all saved content and restarted game and am still experiencing the issue. When building, the delete button on my keyboard seems to do nothing. When deleting all furniture, it works but adds the deleted furniture to my household inventory instead of just deleting. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,694 Views)

Champion

@chantal0914 Since this issue appeared after you had downloaded that gallery lot, can I have you please try the following (again... and it adds a few 'just in case' things to clean things up a bit in case it had to do with the lot or other previous items):

• Delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ].

After that, please see if the issue has stopped. Thank you! 

Message 4 of 7 (2,686 Views)

Champion

@chantal0914 Please hold down the fn key and then press delete. There is one key that works as the backspace and delete key on Mac notebooks.

Message 5 of 7 (2,672 Views)

★ Novice

Ah yes! It worked (the FN + delete.) Thank you so much. 

Message 6 of 7 (2,627 Views)

Champion

@chantal0914 I'm so glad to hear it! Thanks for letting us know!

Message 7 of 7 (2,625 Views)