by xlunasimmer

Original Post

Re: Deleted Electronic Arts & Sims 4 folders - Mac

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I can't find any of the files in the file path
Message 11 of 26 (944 Views)

@xlunasimmer

Yes, I understand that. I am asking you to copy and paste the file path here so I can see what it is. You can redact your user name, I don't need that Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 26 (941 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora/Users/Myname/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/saves/Slot_00000002.save

Message 13 of 26 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]

@xlunasimmer

Thanks. So you're saying that when you open the saves folder in that location there are no saves in there? Could you screenshot your saves folder and post the image here? Please make sure you have enabled Finder to Show the Path Bar in View settings (open a Finder window, click on View in the menu at the top of your screen).

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 26 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora  I don't have a saves folder

Message 15 of 26 (891 Views)

★★★★ Novice

can anyone help I don't have and sims 4 folders?

Message 16 of 26 (831 Views)

★★ Guide
@xlunasimmer Go to Finder (your Desktop, where all the icons are). Pull down the "Go" menu and select "Go to folder..." (OR just hit Command + Shift + G). In the dialog box that opens enter:

/Users/Myname/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

Except change "Myname" to whatever your actual user name is. Does that open a folder window with a bunch of files in it (including a folder called "Saves")?
Message 17 of 26 (1,726 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@dzm06 I don't have an electronic arts folder
Message 18 of 26 (801 Views)

★★ Guide
@xlunasimmer I'm sorry you're having trouble finding the folder. I assure you, you have a folder called "Electronic Arts" inside your Documents folder. I urge you to follow the directions I provided above, or to just use the Finder sidebar to open the Documents folder. There is a folder there called "Electronic Arts" and, inside of it, is another folder called "The Sims 4".

If you are unwilling to follow the instructions @Bluebellflora and I have provided then I'm afraid there's not much I can do to help you. As I understand it you are currently not blocked from playing the game, so at least you are not completely locked out. Good luck!
Message 19 of 26 (794 Views)

@xlunasimmer

You haven’t posted a screenshot of the folder like I asked, you have posted a screenshot of a search for the saves folder which means nothing as the Electronic Arts folder is hidden from Spotlight searches.

Please post the screenshot of the file from the file path you posted in your earlier post “/Users/Myname/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/saves/Slot_00000002.save” that file path is proof that the folders exist, me asking for the screenshot helps determine whether your Mac is pushing the folder to another location like iCloud.

It really is difficult to help if you don’t provide the information asked for.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 20 of 26 (777 Views)