Re: Deleted EA folder, now I can't install any new custom content through launch

by NewWoodstock

Original Post

Re: Deleted EA folder, now I can't install any new custom content through launch

★★★ Novice

I did notice that the launcher only worked until after I pasted the folders into Island Paradise. If gotta do that again I will just skip pasting the files anywhere else...

Yeah no, I've tried that with Firefox, both before and after unistalling and reinstalling. Here's what it shows:

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 1.09.11 PM.png

If I don't have the launcher open, all it does is open the launcher. If I already have the launcher open, it opens up an extra Sims 3 icon besides it, but that's it.

Message 21 of 25 (428 Views)

@mayi0715  In that screen, click Choose, open Applications > The Sims 3, and choose the base game icon.  This should actually be a separate entry than the one you're seeing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 25 (409 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Tried that too. Same results :/
Message 23 of 25 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]

@mayi0715  Try in a new admin user account on your Mac.  You won't need to install the game again, just open the launcher from Applications, sign into the store site, and try to download something.

By the way, you won't have access to your previous user data in the new account, but that's fixable in a few different ways.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 25 (396 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, 

I think we may be having a similar problem due to Origin and mac. So apparently Sims 3 is a PC game running through an emulator called cider, which can be found within the program files that Origin downloads in The Sims 3 folder under applications. 

Anyway, the problem you're having is the game is creating files under the transgaming folder and is not creating a The Sims 3 folder in Documents like it is supposed to. Instead, it has put EVERYTHING in The Sims 3 folder in applications. Once I clicked through a crap ton of dead paths, I finally found one that gave me all of the folders that were supposed to be in Documents.

To find the folder that should be in Documents but is not, go to Applications and Right Click "The Sims 3" and click view package contents. 
From there it is Contents>Resources>Transgaming>C_Drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin>%USERPROFILE>My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3

So you can see from the file path that after transgaming it creates folders that look like they belong in Windows. I added my mod folder here and everything is working beautifully now. I hope this helps you and others!

Message 25 of 25 (342 Views)