Re: Dark Shadow under Sims

by crinrict

Original Post

Dark square shadows under Sims

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Seasons, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, and the Holiday Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create and run your own Vet clinic, and begin examining a patient. Then hover over anything associated with the veterinary process (The employees, the pets, the owners, etc)
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever you hover over a sim/pet in the vet clinic, a square will appear under them, and follow them around like a shadow. These gradually get darker the longer you run your clinic.
What do you expect to see? Regular shadows under every sim no matter what lot type I'm on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is starting to get really annoying ngl, the entire vet career is already extremely buggy and now this? Also excuse the bald sim, she's like that cause I removed all my cc to test this lol.

Message 1 of 13 (1,173 Views)

Re: Dark square shadows under Sims

Hero
This was supposed to be fixes afaik

Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Of course:

Message 3 of 13 (1,101 Views)

@BeckyDonadon

Could you post a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings and attach your config.log file? This was an issue on some Macs with lower spec. Intel chips but was fixed months ago. Have you tried disabling the SSAO - https://bluebellflora.com/2019/11/15/boxy-shadows-under-sim-since-1-58-patch/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 13 (1,082 Views)

Dark Shadow under Sims

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Seasons, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, and the Holiday Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just open up the game and begin playing on any lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? A dark shadow appears under sims, and it disappears when zooming out. It also grows and glitches when sims interact with each other (hug, kiss, etc)
What do you expect to see? Regular looking shadows.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This seems to be a visual glitch, and doesn't seem to affect my gameplay. I have noticed a lot of issues related to shadows in my game lately, including the square shadow one.

Message 5 of 13 (1,047 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I  looked at the ssao thing but it just seems WAY  to complicated for someone like me who knows nothing about computers haha. I tried up until I had to open the file with Text Edit, but my computer says I need an app for that? Idk, I was really confused and scared of breaking stuff. But here are my graphics settings:

Message 6 of 13 (1,051 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Whoops sorry I forgot the file:

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 7 of 13 (1,048 Views)

@BeckyDonadon

Right click on the GraphicsRules.sgr file and choose open with TextEdit. TextEdit is preinstalled on your Mac. Once opened follow the rest of the instructions. You're not going to break your Mac Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 13 (1,024 Views)

Re: Dark Shadow under Sims

Hero
@BeckyDonadon Moving this to the Mac forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (1,018 Views)

@BeckyDonadon 

I've merged your bug reports into one thread here in the Mac forum. Have you now fixed the box shadow issue and you are getting another shadow issue? If you up the Lighting option to Very High does it improve? I have it on that setting, my Sim's shadow looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 18.01.54.png

This looks normal to me? 

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 13 (1,003 Views)