Custom Content?

by galexandrakis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Custom Content?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok so I have learned about CC and I really enjoy the aspect it brings to the game. I also know a lot of people that have more than 10GB of it on their games and it runs perfectly fine. I consider having a higher-end Macbook and when I download a bunch of CC with only one and a half GB my game would not load. Is there something I need to do (allocating more storage, etc) to my game in order for it to run with a lot of CC?

Specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Thanks!

Update: Sims won't launch at all now. I click it to play and it loads for a second and then it crashes. (With about 9GB of CC)

Message 1 of 4 (672 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Custom Content?

Champion (Retired)

@galexandrakis

The amount of cc does not necessarily matter. You can have 1 piece of broken cc and 478 working, and the game will not load. You have to try which ones are causing the problem.

To make sure it is a mod problem, remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder to another directory and start the game.

If that works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (619 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I don't know if this will help but here is the full crash report:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jG_QkV6EvWpp5M5g5B1vVxl8ehMtHF22C2kvBjSe21g/edit?usp=sharing
Message 2 of 4 (645 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@galexandrakis

The amount of cc does not necessarily matter. You can have 1 piece of broken cc and 478 working, and the game will not load. You have to try which ones are causing the problem.

To make sure it is a mod problem, remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder to another directory and start the game.

If that works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 3 of 4 (620 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, thank you! I downloaded Sims 4 Studio and it fixed all of my broken CC. There were about 400 files of it out of the 1000 haha. Thanks again!
Message 4 of 4 (518 Views)