Custom Content won't install

by PoppyFoxy

Original Post

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★ Apprentice

So, I’ve had a problem where it downloads just fine, quickly actually. But, when I go to install it doesn’t do anything except origin. 

THIS IS HOW TO FIX MY ABOVE PROBLEM

After reading this post and clearing the Caches from the Sims 3 folder, and then repairing my game, they finally installed. Hope this helps anyone else who has this problem.

Message 231 of 398 (451 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict when I press install nothing happens in the laucher after putting in download folder what i should do to fix that?
Message 232 of 398 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@pierorodrigues I’ve had this problem and I cleared my cache’s in the ‘The Sims 3’ folder and then repair the game in origin. That should work. 

Message 233 of 398 (375 Views)

@pierorodrigues  Close the launcher and reopen it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 234 of 398 (369 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's so weird, sims3packs downloaded from the EA store are still giving me problems, but cc from elsewhere installs fine. Right after I downloaded the content from the store, I installed it in the launcher, and it worked in my game the first time I played. The next time I opened the game, though, I got a notification that the content could not be found and would be replaced, and I haven't been able to get it to work since. The error I get is "Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again"

I have tried without success:

- Just installing

- Deleting cache files, then installing

- Deleting cache files, repairing the game, then installing

- Repairing the game, restarting my computer, repairing the game AGAIN, then installing

I wonder if another patch might be coming to fix whatever's going on, because I'm out of ideas.

Separately I'm having issues with two of the mods in my mods folder not showing up in my "mods found" popup (other mods are being found and run with no problems), but that might just be a patch compatibility issue. Not sure if it's related to this.

Message 235 of 398 (332 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you get that notification about software it usually means the CC downloaded has not been updated for 64-bit or is too outdated. If it’s happening in Store Content, I would try deleting the caches and repairing the game as well as checking for updates in origin.

Message 236 of 398 (583 Views)

@srsmoonlite  The message you're seeing is a generic error, not anything to do with the actual problem.

Try installing the items into a clean Sims 3 folder.  Move your existing folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a clean folder, download one item from the store, install it, and see whether it works in-game.  If it does, you can install your other content too, but do so in small batches of no more than about six items at a time.  Worlds are large files and should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

If you get your installed store content working, you can transfer your saves, custom content, etc. from the old folder to the new one and pick up where you left off.  You may also want to save a copy of the folder with the properly installed store content, so if this ever happens again, or you need to create a clean folder for some other reason, you can use a copy of this folder rather than starting from scratch.

As for the mods, do they work in-game?  Some mods don't show on the initial loading screen, for example tuning mods never show as far as I'm aware.  The important point is whether you can use them.

Message 237 of 398 (578 Views)

Custom Content won't install

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Title is pretty self explanatory. I've had issues with the Sims 3 for a while (I can't get the expansion packs' download button to work) so I decided to install some custom content to keep me busy while that issue got fixed. It was fine when I installed a few hairstyles and such yesterday, but I tried to install more today and the button is unresponsive. The launcher looks fine and all the content shows up in the downloads tab, but pressing "install" on any of it does nothing. The button does the click animation but nothing happens. I've tried putting my DCCache on my desktop, but it didn't help. I thought it might have been because I installed some skins, so I remove the mods folder, but it didn't change anything. Any ideas how to get it to work?

Update: I used the origin reset tool and this time the installer button worked and the loading screen popped up, but after it said "critical system failure"

Message 238 of 398 (379 Views)

Re: Custom Content won't install

★★★★★ Novice

This may sound dumb, but I had the same problem, and it was magically repaired when I downloaded and installed Firefox.  I've been trying to d/l everything from Firefox instead of Google, and then I pop those downloads into the download folder.  Then it will actually install. --It is still slow, and I have to wait for it to sort of blink from half-ghosted to solid.  I usually only install a few at a time, because the installer's notorious for being pretty weak.  I leave Firefox open though I don't actually use it for anything else.  So, here's hoping?  

Message 239 of 398 (370 Views)

Re: Custom Content won't install

@PoppyFoxy  Sometimes all it takes to get the Install button to work is closing and reopening the launcher.  And sometimes the splash screen for the installer is hidden behind the launcher, so you don't see that anything's happening.  If you have a second plumbob in your dock, click on it, and you'll see the installer working.

As for the packs not downloading, please try again now.  The issue may have been fixed in the last couple of hours.

Message 240 of 398 (364 Views)