Re: Customizing My Sim

by nbgem

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cursor slow to respond in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am unable to customize my sim by clicking and dragging. I am playing on a Macbook Air and I have tried using a wireless Microsoft mouse but nothing seems to work. I can do very minimal customizing with my touchpad but no customizing with the mouse. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if its a game glitch or if its actually a cheat or something. 

EDIT (Crin): Moved to mac forum @VossTess

Message 1 of 21 (2,896 Views)

Accepted Solution

@VossTess

You should be able to use your Trackpad for all customisation but I understand that some users are more comfortable using a mouse. Have you checked your Trackpad settings in System Preferences > Trackpad? Is the mouse fully compatible with your Mac's operating system?

Also, when you say click and drag what do you mean exactly? That you can't click and drag out body parts?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (3,435 Views)

All Replies

@VossTess

You should be able to use your Trackpad for all customisation but I understand that some users are more comfortable using a mouse. Have you checked your Trackpad settings in System Preferences > Trackpad? Is the mouse fully compatible with your Mac's operating system?

Also, when you say click and drag what do you mean exactly? That you can't click and drag out body parts?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 21 (3,436 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.

The sliders are incredibly stiff/individual/slow.
I thought it might just be hard to use with a trackpad but I tried with a mouse(apple branded mouse) and even if you move the mouse super quick and far the slider moves so little it's barely noticeable, and overall it just makes the process frustrating and boring. The sliders also don't move together? You can only operate one at a time, which is also super frustrating.

Message 3 of 21 (2,876 Views)

@nbgem @VossTess

I've just tested CAS and it does feel weird (I use a MacBook Pro too). I used one finger pressed down on the Trackpad and my other hand to quickly swipe back and forth which made it easier but it feels sluggish.

Is this something that has happened since the last patch for you? Or since installing an add on to the game?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 21 (2,873 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora I installed the game via origin only yesterday (unsure if newer installs would include patches?) and played a bit and it was super slow, then exited out and checked for updates but Im unsure if any installed because i went to do something else, but my game is up to date apparently.

What I realised happens is that the cursor image sticks, so you can move the parts like the video but the image of the cursor stays in one spot/barely moves so it's just hard to move since you don't know where the mouse is going? does that make sense??

Although in addition to the cursor image not moving, you have to move it A LOT to get the sliders to move (i gave up on a trackpad and use one of those old apple mouses w/ the cord connection)

Message 5 of 21 (2,866 Views)

@nbgem

I'm going to boot into my Windows VM later when I get a chance and check out CAS in there. I'll let you know how it goes.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 21 (2,858 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora how did it go? Standard smile

Message 7 of 21 (2,846 Views)

@nbgem

I haven't tried yet but haven't forgotten, don't worry. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 21 (2,838 Views)

@nbgem @VossTess

Just tested CAS in Windows 7 running in Parallels on my Mac (using the Trackpad). I made sure the tracking speed was roughly the same in both operating systems and the cursor is definitely more responsive in Windows. Not a massive amount but it doesn't feel as sluggish. Go into System Preferences > Trackpad and move the tracking speed for the cursor further to the right, it does improve the response a bit Standard smile

What versions of OS X are you both using? I'm using El Capitan.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 21 (2,832 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did change the settings of my trackpad to make it so my trackpad is more sensitive and that helped but it still doesn't move the way I've seen others control it but I'm guessing i would have to use a mouse and I just don't have the money to buy an apple mouse that will probably be the only brand that would work with my laptop correctly.

Thank you Bluebellflora 

Message 10 of 21 (2,823 Views)