Curseforge and Sims 4 for Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Curseforge and Sims 4 for Mac

Now that the Curseforge app integrates with The Sims 4 it may help to have a master thread where people can share tips and tricks and share any issues they are having.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 17 of 20 (4,908 Views)

How to manually add Sims 4 to curseforge for Mac?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi!

I have been looking online everywhere for an answer to my question but I haven't seen any other threads about this.

Curseforge isn't recognising I have Sims 4 installed on my laptop when I do the scan feature (it also isn't allowing me to choose where is scans which is supposed to be a feature stated on the curseforge support page). I tried to add Sims 4 manually on curseforge, but it seems I need a specific directory for it to recognise it. On the curseforge support page, it gives instructions on how to manually add Sims 4 for windows, but not for mac. 

The file needed is the "Bin" folder but I cannot find this anywhere within Sims 4 package contents and Origin package contents. Would anyone know how to add sims 4 manually for mac users?

This is the link to the curseforge support page: https://support.curseforge.com/en/support/solutions/articles/9000221982-getting-started#Settings-Up-...

Thank you!

Edit: I should also mention that Sims 4 was installed via origin and was installed on a hard drive. That might be the issue?

Message 1 of 20 (5,162 Views)

Re: How to manually add Sims 4 to curseforge for Mac?

@JazmineAct  At the bottom of the page you linked, it's stated that the Mac version of the CurseForge doesn't currently support Sims 4.  So you'll need to wait for that support to be added.

In the interim, you can simply download mods as you always have and add them manually.

And there isn't a Bin folder in the Mac version of Sims 4.  The game files are organized differently, and many Windows files aren't present in macOS at all, including TS4_x64.exe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 20 (5,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply!!

Im a bit confused now though. Curseforge came out on twitter stating mac support is now out? 

Also, I'll take your advice and just do manual downloads for now. I was really looking foward to using curseforge for mods Devil

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 2.57.27 pm.png

Message 3 of 20 (5,136 Views)

★★ Novice

I found what was wrong!

Just in case any mac users come across this issue, your sims 4 game can't be stored on to an external hard drive if you want to use the scan option. I decided to delete my sims game from my external hard drive and download it on my laptop and now curseforge has found sims 4 installed on my computer.

Hopefully someone knows a way where we can have sims installed on an external hard drive and still use curseforge!

Message 4 of 20 (5,129 Views)

Hero
@JazmineAct Doesn't the mac version have an option to manually navigate to the external drive ?

For the PC version you can click on the game, the click on Locate Game and + Manually add game which lets you navigate to the executable file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (5,107 Views)

★★ Novice

There is that option but the Sims 4 game is greyed out, and you cant click on it. I tried using the Electronic Arts folder but apparently it needs to be the actual game folder. I did find a workaround however. I can keep sims in my external hard drive but just add a symlink to my desktop. That way, when curseforge scans my computer, it picks up sims 4 without me needing to manually locate it on my hard drive!

Message 6 of 20 (5,103 Views)

Hero
@JazmineAct Interesting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (5,090 Views)

Champion
@JazmineAct Did not know it finally had Mac support until I saw this post. Got super excited and updated my CurseForge app.

CurseForge app is still useless as it can't sort mods nor does it recognize any of the mods I downloaded from CurseForge as being on CurseForge and therefore also does not support updating any of them. So back in the trash it goes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 20 (5,020 Views)

@JazmineAct

Curseforge will have needed permission to access removable disks in order to link to the game if it is installed on an external drive. Were you prompted to allow permission? This is standard protection built into macOS. You can manually allow permission in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Files & Folders.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 20 (4,998 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help