Crashing on Save - No Mods or CC - Game repair and folder refresh don't help

by PurpleSweetTart

Original Post

Crashing on Save - No Mods or CC - Game repair and folder refresh don't help

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sims 4 is crashing on Mac whenever I add Sims and then try to save my game. Even after a game repair and folder refresh. I have no mods or CC, this has been an ongoing issue for two weeks, possibly since the last update. Is its because I have unlimited Sims on not 80? I'm not even close to adding even 80 custom townies though . I put then on lots, then evict them, then put them in unplayed households and press save then it crashes and the game does not save before the crash.  I am at my with this. 

Here are my system specs if that helps. No, I am not upgrading to Catalina until I am sure that Sims 4 is absolutely stable on it.

System Specs.png

Message 1 of 7 (424 Views)

Re: Crashing on Save - No Mods or CC - Game repair and folder refresh don't help

@PurpleSweetTart

Have you changed the number of households options to 80 and seen if it fixes the issue?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 7 (381 Views)

Re: Crashing on Save - No Mods or CC - Game repair and folder refresh don't help

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora That does not help/
Message 3 of 7 (360 Views)

@PurpleSweetTart  Please move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to spawn a clean folder.  Then go into Saves inside your old folder, find your most recent save, and copy it (don't just move it; you want to keep a backup) into Saves in your new folder.  Don't move anything else over: no mods or cc, no options file, nothing.  Launch the game again and test.  Let us know whether you get the same crashes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 7 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict sorry, that didn't help.
Message 5 of 7 (316 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora changed back to 80, it doesn't help.
Message 6 of 7 (306 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can'r submit an official bug report because it freezes when I try to submit.

Here is a link to my save files:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IKtzY2BxNLqrcbU5V55UsesTX3VlrN7w?usp=sharing

Message 7 of 7 (305 Views)