Re: Crashing Issue

by JustCallMeNerdy

Original Post

Crashing Issue

★ Guide

I've copied the entire problem report below but I've been having a crash at seemingly random points in the game. My graphics aren't anything crazy, I'm currently playing in University though and I thought repairing my game had fixed the problem but it obviously happened again. This is the part that I think is a problem, I don't know exactly what it means but it seems like a graphics issue? I switched to windowed mode and like I said my graphics arent too crazy but I'm gonna try turning more things down I guess?

Application Specific Information:
-[MTLTextureDescriptorInternal validateWithDevice:]:1248: failed assertion `Texture Descriptor Validation
MTLTextureDescriptor requests 4294967175 mipmap levels, but the dimensions (256, 512, 1) can only support a maxiumum of 10 levels

If someone tells me of a place to paste and send my full problem details, I can do that, but I think they're too long for the first post of a thread lol

Message 1 of 5 (275 Views)

@JustCallMeNerdy  Are you using mods or custom content right now, and if so, does this problem happen without it?  What packs do you have installed?  And is this on the same Mac (i5-7600K, Radeon Pro 580) that you were playing on the last time you posted?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddictYes I use mods and CC and I haven't tried without it but I haven't changed anything. It worked after the last update we had at the beginning of November. Same computer as well
I've turned down the graphics settings and the last time I booted up, the unrendered houses were red but otherwise, it seemed to play fine? I'm booting it up right now, I'll reply to myself with what happens with that in a few

Message 3 of 5 (240 Views)

★ Guide
@JustCallMeNerdy Still having the red building issue, I can't play for very long rn but game seems smooth otherwise
Message 4 of 5 (237 Views)

@JustCallMeNerdy  I've seen a few reports of red buildings, although that doesn't always cause crashing.  I don't get the red buildings myself and am not sure what causes them, although I have definitely seen red on the screen when looking at certain rendered houses.  It seems like the graphics drivers are having trouble properly rendering the game, and I'm not totally sure why, or what to change.

If you do get more crashing, please try testing without mods or custom content, just to see whether it makes a difference.  Some cc will be perfectly fine and cause no issues until it's actually applied in-game, and some mods will cause problems eventually but not necessarily right away.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (233 Views)