by Jessycaz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash on undo in build mode

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, outdoor retreat, dine out, parenthood, luxury party, bowling night, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on auto counter, place a corner counter with objects on it, remove an adjacent counter, click undo
What happens when the bug occurs? It’s very specific: when I have auto counter turned on, and stuff on a corner counter, then I remove an adjacent counter (making the corner counter a regular one, and moving the objects on the counter into the inventory), then click undo, the game becomes unresponsive (but doesn’t crash, I have to force-quit it)
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the adjacent counter back in place and the objects back on the corner counter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The game becomes unresponsive when I move a counter away from a corner counter with things on it and then hit undo (with auto counter on). I can pick up items but I can’t put them down. I can’t get out of build mode (I get an indefinite loading screen) and I can’t save. I have to force the game to quit.
Message 1 of 7 (1,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash on undo in build mode

I believe this issue is now fixed as I cannot reproduce anymore.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,125 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Jessycaz

moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting for now as crashes are usually technical.

Tagging @Bluebellflora to see if it's a general issue on macs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,268 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jessycaz

I've managed to reproduce this too both in an existing save and a brand new game. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what is required here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Could you please load your game and recreate this issue. Whilst your game is still running open Activity Monitor and sort by %CPU so Sims 4 is at the top - how high is it? Could you please then click on the memory tab and see how much RAM the game is using? My game ramped up to 210% CPU and 3.15Gb RAM. I play on a MacBook Pro and the fans really kicked in to cool it down.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 7 (1,253 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Bluebellflora @Jessycaz

I'm not seeing this issue on my Mac.  Could you share a video or screenshot?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 7 (1,231 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SimQARobo @Jessycaz

Here you go:

The counter can be moved around once the surface object has automatically been moved to the inventory but as soon as you click the Undo button the glitch occurs. Undo doesn't work and the counter can't be placed. Fans then ramp up to cool down my Mac and CPU and RAM increases. Force Quit is the only way to close the game.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

2017 15" MacBook Pro

3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

- All Expansion, Stuff and Game Packs to date.

- No antivirus or firewall.

- Repairing doesn't fix it.

- Brand new Sims 4 folder created, issue still present.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 7 (1,218 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Bluebellflora @Jessycaz

The video was very helpful Standard smile .  We'll look into it.  Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 7 (1,187 Views)

I believe this issue is now fixed as I cannot reproduce anymore.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,126 Views)