Crash during camera rotation in building mode

by COM_Rendezvous

Original Post

Crash during camera rotation in building mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone!

Recently discovered an issue with family inventory. If I try to change camera angle with middle mouse button with item in hand from family inventory or when holding object from Sim inventory, game crashes to the desktop. My specs should be sufficient - MacBook M1 Max 64Gb. Tried everything - lowering quality, vertical sync, reinstalling, some steam guides to no avail.

Message 1 of 5 (772 Views)

Re: Crash during camera rotation in building mode

@COM_Rendezvous  I just tested on my own M1 Max laptop and saw the same thing, specifically when holding an item placed in the family inventory.  I used crtl-right-click and moved the cursor to rotate the camera (the trackpad equivalent of holding the middle mouse button) and an item that had been placed in the house until I moved it to inventory.

I don't think there's ever going to be a fix for this considering how long it's been since the last patch and the fact that it hasn't ever been reported.  So I'd just suggest avoiding this particular issue: if you want to hold an item and rotate the camera, place it out in the world first.

You shouldn't need to lower the graphcis settings or do anything else to compromise quality, but I'm sure you know that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sad, that it was only found now. I guess, no fix in the future. I was woundering if it was widespread issue and if there was any solution to this. Thank you for testing it out, maybe, if enough people report this, we could get a patch.

Message 3 of 5 (744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I know you had this problem a long time ago, but had you ever found a solution? I'm having the same issue-- game crashes anytime I hold an object from Family Inventory and try to rotate using the wheel on my mouse. Also, noticed that the paint feature is insanely slow. 

Message 4 of 5 (122 Views)

@b68fa330fb4f3a7a  There's no fix but a good workaround: place the item down, then pick it up again before rotating it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (117 Views)