Re: Crash after september update/patch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash after september update/patch

★ Novice

Hi so I've been playing the Sims 4 perfectly fine after the September patch update recently (with a lot of added mods as well) ... nothing crashed at all and it loaded in easily without any problems. My game was becoming too laggy for me not to want to restart my game and reopen it, but once I tried to reopen it my game crashed right after the loading screen.

I tried everything, I took out all my mods and it still crashed. I reinstalled the sims 4 after backing up my saves and it still crashed, and I even cleaned origin but that also didn't work.

I don't really know the technical terms for the MacBook I'm using but it's one of the latest ones, the Macbook air (13' 2020) so do with that as you please...

I just need help because I have no idea what to do next.

Message 1 of 4 (472 Views)

Accepted Solution

@LUNARYUKS

Move the saves out and put them back into the saves folder one by one, testing after adding and loading each one (point 1 in the link in my previous post).

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (402 Views)

All Replies

@LUNARYUKS 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Please try a new Sims 4 folder, no saves, mods, nothing from your current Sims 4 folder - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 4 (449 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora hi I tried the new sims 4 folder and figure out that it was indeed my saves because once I added my mods without my saves it didn't crash either. so I'm wondering how do I tell which save file is causing the crashing? I just want to keep my main save file and delete the rest.
Message 3 of 4 (422 Views)

@LUNARYUKS

Move the saves out and put them back into the saves folder one by one, testing after adding and loading each one (point 1 in the link in my previous post).

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 4 (403 Views)