Re: Corrupted file not found on iMac but keep getting message and game won't lau

by yawna917

Original Post

Corrupted file not found on iMac but keep getting message and game won't launch

★ Novice

I keep getting a message about a corrupt file but when I search for the file there are no results in my mod folder or on my iMac. 

I have repaired and reinstalled game multiple times since Thursday. I took out all mods from same creator as well. 

Message 1 of 6 (527 Views)

Re: Corrupted file not found on iMac but keep getting message and game won't lau

@yawna917

Could post a screenshot of the message?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (491 Views)

★ Novice

It keeps saying unsupported file when I upload but here is what its says exactly:

Unable to start:

Cannot start because the file below appears to be corrupted. 

if this is a Mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via 

Origin.

Then it shows the file name and it says its located in

/User/yawna91/Documetns/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 4/Mods/.du..fSO59tG5r/Mods/Buildbuy cc/MXIMS/MXIMS Le Mappe Minimali Delle Citta Itliane.package

[60c99f9:9f00e76:00000000:b0d85b] 

I have not removed all mods from the mod folder and it still says the same thing. 

also when I go to mods there hasn't been a folder that says Buildbuy cc. When I search there is no result. 

Message 3 of 6 (459 Views)

★ Novice

I also used origin reset and I got the same message 

Message 4 of 6 (450 Views)

@yawna917

Move the Mods folder in the Sims 4 folder to the desktop, launch the game to recreate a new Mods folder then quit. Now move that one piece of CC into the new Mods folder and see if it will launch.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 6 (390 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora hello that worked thank you su much for your help Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (345 Views)