Constant Crashes Sims 4 Deluxe Edition on iMac

by HalfWinter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant Crashes Sims 4 Deluxe Edition on iMac

★ Novice

Hey everyone!

I bought the Sims 4 Deluxe Edition during the recent Origin sale and I am having some pretty significant crashing issues. Every 10-20 minutes, the game will close suddenly. There is no lag preceding the crash, no indication of what I'm doing that could be causing it. Everything is running as smooth as silk and then suddenly, it's not. Any idea what's going on? My Google-fu is too weak for this problem.

Here's my computer stuff:

OX X El Capitan Version 10.11.2

3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I haven't figured out how to tilt the camera angle using a magic mouse, so if someone could let me know, that'd be grand.

Message 1 of 2 (220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant Crashes Sims 4 Deluxe Edition on iMac

Hi @HalfWinter,

Your Mac is affected by an issue with this game and some NVIDIA Graphics Cards. Here you have more info: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/OS-X-El-Capitan-and-The-Sims-4/m-p/4831523#U4831523

It's up to EA to fix this issue and there's no possible workaround right now.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (212 Views)

All Replies

Re: Constant Crashes Sims 4 Deluxe Edition on iMac

Hi @HalfWinter,

Your Mac is affected by an issue with this game and some NVIDIA Graphics Cards. Here you have more info: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/OS-X-El-Capitan-and-The-Sims-4/m-p/4831523#U4831523

It's up to EA to fix this issue and there's no possible workaround right now.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 2 (213 Views)